Any Little Rascals fans out there?

Twidget

Commander
I just read that Thomas Ross Bond passed away. Little Rascals was an old show before I started watching it as a child, but I really enjoyed them.<br /><br />
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Thomas Ross Bond, who played Butch the bully in the ''Our Gang'' and ''The Little Rascals'' movies of the 1930s, died Saturday of complications from heart disease. He was 79.<br /> Bond died at Northridge Hospital, said his manager, Frank Marks.<br /> Bond played a member of the Gang named Tommy. After his first year he was dropped from the cast but returned later in the role of Butch, the archenemy of Alfalfa.<br /> Bond appeared in dozens of ''Our Gang'' and ''Little Rascals'' features before outgrowing the role.<br /> Born Sept. 16, 1926, in Dallas, Bond got his start at age 5 when a talent scout for Hal Roach studios approached him as he was leaving a movie theater with his mother.<br /> In the 1940s, Bond played Jimmy Olsen in two Superman movies and appeared as Joey Pepper in several installments of the ''Five Little Peppers'' serial.<br /> In 1951, Bond quit acting and went into television directing and production work before retiring in 1991.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral
Re: Any Little Rascals fans out there?

The Rascals were a wonderfully (and politically incorrect) entertaining group of talented young kids.<br /><br />When I do see them on the kids channel, they are so heavilly edited as to make the story line unrecognizable. Example: In the episode where the kids put spices in the food the teacher made as part of her bridal shower cut the sceen where they actually put all the spices in the food. So unless you saw the uncut version, you would have no idea why they are making icky faces at the end when the kids are served the food that they thought was for the parents. Oh well.

steamboatwilly

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Any Little Rascals fans out there?

Little Rascals was the best that ever was.If they had stuff like that on now,I would watch more Tv.