Any info on Honda's new 20hp for 03?

schulte64

Recruit
Honda does not seem to spend much on maketing as they should. Any info on Honda's new pendulum mount system for the bf15-20? Many dealers are not even aware of the new 15 and 20 hp for 2003. :confused:

hondon

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Any info on Honda's new 20hp for 03?

What is it that you need to know? Basically, Honda has done away with the counterweighted gears in the powerhead generally used in their small twins.This in an effort to reduce weight ,as well as the restylising of the engine.Those mounts create the smooth performance without the added weight of counter gearing.

Boatist

Rear Admiral

I looked at the 20 HP at the boat show and saw it has a 12 amp alternator but neither the dealer or the factory rep could tell me if it has a voltage regulator. Check with my local dealer and he does not know either. Tried to get a price for Electric start long shaft but this dealer said can only buy with power trim and tilt. I hope he is wrong as I have no need for power trim and tilt and would like to save the extra weight and money. Needless to say not very impressed with the dealers knowledge either. The motor looks like a nice package, only thing I did not like is looks like must remove side cover to change oil filter.

hondon

Lieutenant Commander

Boatist,that is alot of very sad disinformation,that can sometimes come from boat show politics.Come see us in Eureka and we will set you straight.

Boatist

Rear Admiral

Hondon<br />Information I gave is 100 percent true. I am sorry but you are about a 6 hr drive and too far away, if I can not find out the information from a local dealer or Honda then I will buy a Yamaha.<br /><br />Does the 12 amp alternator on the new BF20 motor have a voltage regulator?<br /><br />Can you get the BF20 electric start long shaft without power tilt?<br /><br />Can you get the BF20 electric start long shaft remote without power tilt?<br /><br />Do you have to remove side cover to change oil filter?<br /><br />IS there a way to hook EZ steer up to the BF20?<br /><br />I think this is the best 15 and 20 HP 4 stroke motor out right now. Just need to get a little more info.<br />The things I really like is: 12 amp alternator if has a voltage regualtor / 15" shaft 101 lb, 20" shaft 108 lb, and 25 inch shaft lengths 114 lb / 2 High thrust props / Reverse exhaust bypass for higher reverse thrust but do not see that in manual, but what factory rep said / Flush port / 3 Star CARB rating.