Any Helix 5 Chirp GPS G3 owners, I can't find the low water depth alarm selection anywhere.

1985 Century Mustang

Chief Petty Officer
Does Anyone know where I can find the selection for the shallow water alarm, I can't seem to find it anywhere on the menu. I been scouring the Internet too. 🤬

1985 Century Mustang

Chief Petty Officer
I got a response back from Hummingbird. They said to press the menu button twice and a different selection of menus comes up.

Dubed

Petty Officer 1st Class
I got a response back from Hummingbird. They said to press the menu button twice and a different selection of menus comes up.
There are a ton of instructional videos you should watch. Humminbird has a bunch out and a few independent guys do too. They will explain all the menu and settings options. There's a lot to learn

1985 Century Mustang

Chief Petty Officer
There are a ton of instructional videos you should watch. Humminbird has a bunch out and a few independent guys do too. They will explain all the menu and settings options. There's a lot to learn

In my Helix 5 manual it says menu 2x, I didn't know what that meant, now I know. Duh 🙄

Dubed

Petty Officer 1st Class
If you press menu twice, a menu bar will show at the top of the screen. There will be an icon of a bell all the way to the left of that menu bar. That is your alarms menu.

1985 Century Mustang

Chief Petty Officer
If you press menu twice, a menu bar will show at the top of the screen. There will be an icon of a bell all the way to the left of that menu bar. That is your alarms menu.

Thanks I'll check it later. I think I tried everything. I can't get the down imaging to work either. I'm a Spaz...

Dubed

Petty Officer 1st Class
Oh ****. I forgot that. It opens up a lot more options. Sorry.
I have a couple Helix 7s, my buddy runs a 10 and a 15. All Helixs are basically the same

Dubed

Petty Officer 1st Class
My advise is to watch a few videos on menu and view settings or Helix for beginners. Sit at your unit using simulation mode and just go through the menus and views. I've heard that you don't want to run the transducer on the trailer or you can burn it up if not in water (not sure how true that is). So, just put it on simulation

1985 Century Mustang

Chief Petty Officer
A person from the Hummingbird website was clueless in her email response back to me. I advised her of the link that I posted previously. https://humminbird-help.johnsonoutdoors.com/hc/en-us/articles/18149340281879-Missing-the-Alarms-Menu

Here's a photo to how you get the alarm to become visible. It's not visible till you go to custom settings, that's odd to me. Alarms shouldn't be invisible, they should be the first thing in the menu regardless of being in custom mode to do so. They really need to fix this.

Screenshot_20240628_091012_Chrome.jpg