Any Glasspar G-3 fans/owners out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridiculous

Seaman
just wanted to show off my g3 that i got this summer from my uncle. picked up the boat/motor/trailer for $500!! it ran when i got it, but it didn't last long, something went haywire and i blew up the power head. so now three weeks later, i've got it rebuilt and it's running better than ever!

i'll attach some pics and a short video my cousin shot of it's test run!
it's a 1975 Glasspar G3 w/ 1975 75 HP Johnson Stinger on the back! very fun little boat!

so if you've got one or you're a fan of em, tell me all about it!

i hope this winter i can start a little restoration on it, but we'll see how the funds are and what not!

YouTube Video

Attachments

• g2 b.jpg
    g2 b.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 0
  • g2 c.jpg
    g2 c.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 0
  • g2 e.jpg
    g2 e.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 0
  • g3 a.jpg
    g3 a.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 0
  • g3 d.jpg
    g3 d.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 0

cheburashka

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Any Glasspar G-3 fans/owners out there?

My first boat was a '63 G-3 center deck. I learned a lot about fiberglassing from that boat. Sure handled nice. I love the sponsons.

Ridiculous

Seaman

My first boat was a '63 G-3 center deck. I learned a lot about fiberglassing from that boat. Sure handled nice. I love the sponsons.

that's cool! i really like these boats, and it seems that they're quite rare. deffinately don't see many of em, that's for sure!

anyone else?

splitdeck

Recruit

Hello RID,: New member here in East TEnn,, I had two older center decks in past , Just recently got a 1959 white / black
G-3 with the NASHVILLE, TENN build serial # on a Disc.. All original hardware, medialions, NEED a windshield .???
Please.

Bamaman1

Lieutenant Commander

I loved the G3. It was about as wide as it was long. My next door neighbor (on the lake) had one with a new white Mercury 55 hp motor, and it performed well.

Your Stinger 75 motor should really do good on this boat, as it was ported for higher RPM's, etc.

oops!

Supreme Mariner

old thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.