Any fur harvestors out there?

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander
Anyone having any luck trapping this year? I am not having any luck at all. In 3 weeks have only caught 6 raccoon and 1 badger. I think the drougth has driven them all to greener waters this year. Have seen a lot of tracks, and found a whole beaver village, but no luck at all catching.<br />Anyone else have this problem? Maybe the word has gotten out?

arboatdr

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Any fur harvestors out there?

I'm afraid of being "poofed" or I would answer.

NathanY

Commander

Dawg, you are killing me here. I want to answer sooooo bad. But if I do, this thread will go bye bye. So in short I will say no. I have not had any luck at all lately with any beaver any where. Did kill a nutria with a .40 S&W earlier this year.

tylerin

Commander

A whole "Beaver villiage" :D My goodness!! I must see one of those before I die!! I guess you aren't gonna share this lil honey hole with us are you? ;)

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

Never been a trapper mysef but do know several that used to, but with the price of fur most have semi-retired there traplines. However there is still a small niche market of trapping for landowners with problem critters...kinda a trap for pay if ya will. Come spring I am proabably gonna have to thin a couple off my and the neighbors place but I don't do it for the fur more for water control and to curb the tree damage.<br /><br />Guess I should clarify, mostly Beaver and Muskrats via traps around here. the coons are usally hunted by dog...Man I hvent went coon hunting in dang near forever.

Fly Rod

Commander

:) Trapping is band in mass.because of the anti trappers etc: U should hear the antis that live in a flood plain and the beavers move in and flood their land and sometimes cellars!!! They call the fish and game and they tell the owner it is illegal to trap them!!!!<br /><br />P.E.T.A and an anti trapping group, tried to band trapping and hunting bears over bait, in the state of Maine and was put on the ballot!!! The antis "LOST"!!! WHOOPIE!!!!

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

Originally posted by Fly Rod:<br /> :) Trapping is band in mass.because of the anti trappers etc: U should hear the antis that live in a flood plain and the beavers move in and flood their land and sometimes cellars!!! They call the fish and game and they tell the owner it is illegal to trap them!!!!<br /><br />P.E.T.A and an anti trapping group, tried to band trapping and hunting bears over bait, in the state of Maine and was put on the ballot!!! The antis "LOST"!!! WHOOPIE!!!!
They tried to ban bear hunting over bait here too.<br />THEY LOST!!!!!!<br /><br />My Dad has been doing some trapping. He only runs a small line. but He has gotten 6 coon, couple of possum, a squirrel, and a skunk. He pulled his traps for a week, so I could hunt deer and he wouldn't spread human scent everywhere or accidentally startle the deer away.<br />Still got skunked tho.<br /> :( <br /><br />Good Luck with the lines!!<br />Keep an eye on ebay for traps. My dad sometimes puts two or three on there.<br /><br />AK Chappy

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

Even out here dawg where we are still cowboys and indians the trappin' stinks. Global warming I think. :D :D