Any body wakesurf?

GreatRiverDucker

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Well the season is over and boats are put away, but I was just wondering if anybody on here has tried wakesurfing? Personally I love it. There really isn't any actual surfing in the region so we have make our own wave to surf. Man is it fun!:)

rizzo66

Cadet
Re: Any body wakesurf?

My boys and son inlaw have started this summer great fun when its too windy to wakeboard

rizzo66

Cadet

Do you have a wakeboard boat? we struggle getting enough wake with my larson but my son inlaw has a supra that is spectacular.

GreatRiverDucker

Petty Officer 2nd Class

My brother in law's family has a supra that we load with fatsacs and it throws a really nice wake!:D I just wish I got out there more often.

rizzo66

Cadet

we havent had to use more than the regular ballast though he upgraded them quite abit. We put fat sacks in the Larson but the wakeplate on the supra really kicks up some surf.

GreatRiverDucker

Petty Officer 2nd Class

:eek:
Yeah you should really only do it behind an inboard considering that you ride directly behind the boat. That pic is nasty, yikes.

GreatRiverDucker

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The supra I ride is an '02 sunsport with an aftermarket tower. It doesn't have any built in balast, hence the fatsacs, and its wake plate is only manually adjustable but it still rocks the house!!:D
It's such a nice change from wakeboarding though, when you wipe out its just splash not SMACK!!!
Have hurt the boys :eek: more than once boarding.

Juel-dk

Seaman Apprentice

Jup, sometimes it just says SMACK :D waht about wakeskating, we will try that next year, and we can wait :D

dbit25

Recruit

Yes, please tell me you are not surfing behind an i/o!!!!

kyle f

Chief Petty Officer

Yup, wake surfer here as well.

Hoping to try some wake skate this year as well.

sebber83

Petty Officer 2nd Class

wakeskating is a blast, much harder than wakeboarding to pull off tricks but its so different, the little thing can become huge accomplishements, we first did it by removing the bindings on an old wakeboard and throwing on our skate shoes, we got hooked and have purchased a good wakeskate since then! Good times!

sickwilly

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I've done it. It was kind of cool at first, something novel to try. For me, it then got real boring real fast. I think for the same reason you don't see lots of surfers in the Gulf of Mexico like you do on the pacific ocean. Its just a 2-3 foot wave.

kyle f

Chief Petty Officer

I've done it. It was kind of cool at first, something novel to try. For me, it then got real boring real fast. I think for the same reason you don't see lots of surfers in the Gulf of Mexico like you do on the pacific ocean. Its just a 2-3 foot wave.

But like wakeboarding.... after you learn to ride you get to learn tricks... that is what keeps it interesting.