Any active members here that have build your own Eska cdi?

Choppinrice

Cadet
Is there any one here currently that has made there own cdi for the 2 cylinder Eska/GameFisher motors? I have a 1980 15hp that has no spark and I am building a replacement based on a design from an old thread from here. I have found a discrepancy that I could use some help on.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Re-stating the question would be helpful
The component diagram shows a 100nf capacitor to ground in the trigger circuit but the parts list does not list it, instead the parts list lists a 1000pf capacitor. Does any one know which is the correct one to use as they are way different ratings?

Phantom309

Cadet
Is there any one here currently that has made there own cdi for the 2 cylinder Eska/GameFisher motors? I have a 1980 15hp that has no spark and I am building a replacement based on a design from an old thread from here. I have found a discrepancy that I could use some help on.
I am in the middle of rebuilding mine. I got my information from Ed Stollers website. The diagram found there shows a 1uf capacitor. Also note that the original spec is for 250 volts, but he recommends a 400v capacitor. It seems the 250 is really not quite enough and contributes to the failure often seen with this ignition. I’ll update once I finish mine and see if it works.

Phantom309

Cadet
I finished mine. It’s sparking great. Not running well yet due to some carb issues but it did start up for a minute. Any questions about the process just ask. I got some pictures of mine that I would be happy to share, as well as exact specs for the components I used.