Antenna Flag Clips

veritas honus

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Antenna Flag Clips

I got my SS flag clips mounted on my stern light pole from wholesalemarine.com. They are DuBro's. They'll work fine on an antenna as long as the weight and wind resistance of the flag won't pull it the antenna down too low for visibility. The clips are of good quality and will hold well on an antenna.

veritas honus

Lieutenant Commander

Hey Lonesouth,

I just noticed you're in Tallahassee. Have you checked out the St Augustine Get Together thread in boating activities? Any interest? Gonna be a great time. Hope you'll join us!!!

Last edited:

lonesouth

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I picked up some of the spring flag clips from west marine. I can't figure out how they are supposed to work, the hook is too small for a 8' fiberglass antenna. There are some nylon clips, but they are $10 a pair. I ended up going to ACE and getting some veclro straps that worked great.

TBarCYa

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I have the plastic clips that I ordered from iBoats on both my rear light pole and on my antenna. The biggest problem with the ones on the antenna are that they're for 1/2" tube and the top of the antenna is much smaller. They come with felt tape but that didn't seem to work very well to adjust for the size so I took a couple o-rings and put them around the antenna then clamped the flag flips over them. The size adjustment is almost perfect and there are still a couple 'clicks' left in the clips if I need to make them tighter.

These aren't the exact ones I bought, but they're the same idea: http://www.iboats.com/Charlevoix-Fl...81843849--**********.892804674--view_id.40237