Answer for the question "Can I just use a automotive electrical part?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

turborich

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Answer for the question "Can I just use a automotive electrical part?"

You do not know what caused the explosion. This is simply assuming as to what really happened.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner

I lived at a marina and they had a fire.It was (they thought) due to a float switch that got stuck open and the pump burned up.Then it started a fire and destroted 5-100,000$ boats.They thought!!!!!!!!I woke up in the middle of the night and it scared the crap out of me.Jerry

ron7000

Banned

http://www.mlive.com/grpress/news/index.ssf/2008/10/four_injured_in_boat_explosion.html

Fire officials did not know the cause of the explosion, which happened at the Oak Street Marina.

been watching politics lately ?
I like you how infer you're own biased point of view from the article but when you want to use those sort of tactics you need to first read the article and make sure it doesn't say things like Fire officials did not know the cause of the explosion

otherwise it discredits you and you look like an idiot.

crap like this is why this site sucks.

sundowner205

Petty Officer 1st Class

Alright, I used to be a firefighter for about 6 years. There is almost no way to determine the cause of, especially, a boat fire; there are just too many variables involved in the equation. Unless the source of ignition is blatantly obvious, the fire marshal will determine an inconclusive cause. It could have been something as simple as a fuel leak form one of the boats, and some idiot on the dock threw his lit cigarette butt into the fuel floating on the surface of the water - and there you have it - a live fire traveling rite up the path to that fuel leak. Of course, this is only speculation. Boat fires are extremely dangerous due to the short length of time it takes for the fire to spread from one boat to the next - fiberglass goes up like paper and the new plastic fuel tanks melt like butter. About 15 years ago one of the boat storage yards here went up into flames and it was utter bedlam.

As previously mentioned, this is only speculation. I cannot remember how many times at fire scenes I could hear some idiot bystanders looking on and blabbing: "yeah the fire started because..."

My point is this - DON'T BE THAT GUY.

TilliamWe

Banned

Really dumb conjecture on your part vleasum.

waterone1@aol.com

Lieutenant Junior Grade

There is no information in that article that would even begin to question, much less explain what started that fire. The ONLY lesson so far is that fires can happen on boats.....be prepared.

45Auto

Commander

Read the original post. Vleasum isn't saying an automotive part caused the fire, he is just pointing out that it's a possibility ("makes you wonder") and providing a link showing the POSSIBLE consequences of using automotive parts. As was pointed out above, we'll probably never know the root cause of the explosion.

BLinindoll

Seaman

Yeah guys, chill out. Why does eveyone have to jump down everyone elses throat all the time over stupid crap. Get over it. And I agree with 45Auto... read Vleasums original post. He doesn't say it WAS caused by it, just wondering if it was. And even if he did say it WAS caused by an auto part, who cares?! Did it directly affect any one of you? Probably not! Not enough anyway to want to scare the guy away from a forum he just joined! Way to welcome him in! Why can't everyone treat any forum like you were face to face with the other members. I gaurantee there wouldn't be even close to as much bickering and arguing over the smallest nonsence bullcrap. Get over yourselves. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.