Another trim question thread......

PSS-Mag

Seaman
888 merc.

I bought a boat hull, guy wanted motor and trim out of it.
I had my boat that was rotten so pulled them out of mine to put in this one.

I know both pumps and systems were working as I tried each before I took everything apart.

Now my pump in this hull wont work at all. UP the solenoid just clicks.
Down nothing.....

The only difference in the pumps is looked like someone had replaced the solenoid on his with a starter solenoid.
Mines got an actual merc marine solenoid.
I really don't remember how his was wired with that solenoid, to go get one and try to mimic it. I wired it what I thought was like mine when I took it out.

Does anyone have any information that could help me wire it up and work?

I really want to use this boat this weekend and this is the only ting left to get t on the water after 1 weeks work for full engine, transom assembly and out drive swap.

Anything anyone can suggest would be appreciated.

PSS-Mag

Seaman
Re: Another trim question thread......

Well I think the pump is shot......

It's getting power to both sides with coordinating buttons pushed. I can't even jump across the solenoid nor can I try to jump it wiring either side directly to the battery and get it to spin.

CRAP this STINKS!!!!!

Hopefully they wont be to much at the salvage yard.....

Unless someone has a suggestion to try first... Please.....

It sank last year so was concerned, it was only under water for maybe an hour and worked when I tested it last week, right before pulling it out. Guess better to do it now than to go out in the water and can't load it up.

PSS-Mag

Seaman

Is there a way to lift or lower the lower unit, manually if the trim motor does go out. I need to lift it.......

bhammer

Ensign

I know on most units, there is a valve that can be loosened to raise the unit. Some have a small "t" handle on then while others, are a hex top. Look around and you'll probably find it.

PSS-Mag

Seaman

Is it usually on the pump, inline or on the cylinders?

bhammer

Ensign

Usually located on the pump unit itself.

PSS-Mag

Seaman

Usually located on the pump unit itself.

Thanks guys, I never did find it....

Went to the salvage yard today and got a used pump assembly for $150... Not bad I guess. Works much faster than my old one ever did for some reason. But the up solenoid is bad, put mine on hoping because it was clicking before..... but nope it seems bad too. I'll have to double check later when I have a second set of hands when wife gets off. But I can raise it by jumping across the solenoid, so pretty sure thats it.

Ohh well I'm going to go ahead and use it this weekend.
Even if new solenoid doesn't fix it, Ill just lower it all the way down and stay in deep water if I have to. Then jump the solenoid to load it up on the trailer if I have too.