Another Rude Idle Problem

Andrec4016

Seaman
I have a 83' 140 v4 E140TRLCTE, I've had some history with this one.. but its getting better, when stone cold and sitting in the marina for a week it starts up on the first turn with start idle position once warned up put it in gear and she has no problem getting out of the marina backwards or forwards, then I go out to my fishing spot anchor and stay there for about an hour, then the trouble starts, shes hard to start using the same methods as before stalls when put in gear but once in gear with throttle WOT she runs great, but hard to run in the marina to dock her.. carbs cleaned 2 coils replaced on 1 & 3 no leaks, buld still hard with no change when pumped pump if I give it primer she starts to stabelize and better its almost as she runs out of gas? compression is fine according to the dock master +_ 120 all around any thoughts..

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner
Re: Another Rude Idle Problem

Obviously things need to be checked when its acting up (warm) not when its running good (cold). I would suspect that we have some sort of ignition component breaking down as it gets warm. Once it cools off, youre OK.<br /><br />However if I'm reading this correct, you say it starts to straighten up if you tap the primer. Right?

Andrec4016

Seaman
Re: Another Rude Idle Problem

Dhadley.. I don't think its a ignition problem because like I said it clears up for a couple of seconds after I prime.. its not constant and it seems to be needing fuel to keep it running in idle once its in gear and you give it throttle its fine and if you move up the fast idle in nautral its fine as well..