Another one from Rainy Lake

Scoop

Lieutenant Junior Grade
The Houseboat trip again.

We were fishing a great walleye hole about 5 miles from our houseboats. We had three boats. We decide to go back and start filleting for that nights fish fry. The other two boats stayed there. About 20 minutes later, a second boat comes back. The BILs in the 3rd boats decided to fish a little longer.

We filleted our fish, and figured the other guys must be catching them like crazy because it has been another hour. We wait another 30 minutes and it is getting late, still no boat. We decide to go out to look for them. We hear something on the VHF radio about someone having boat problems on the lake and don't think anything about it.

We start out and I look at the gas gauge. Almost empty. Opps, back to the houseboat to gas up. As we are gassing up, someone comes out and tells us the other boat had run out of gas. We finish fueling and get some full cans from the other houseboat.

We head out. Sure enough, they got about 100 yards from the spot we were fishing and ran out of gas. Then they drifted into Canadian waters. Boy are they embarrased (secretly, I felt relief that I was not the only one to screw up this trip because I would never hear the end of it). The other boat tried to leave just after the second boat but ran out of gas. Another boat stopped by, but they told them the wrong name of the houseboat company to get a hold of our boat. They had been waiting out there for an hour and a half.

We had a laugh and a great fish fry that night.

crunch

Commander
Re: Another one from Rainy Lake

Scoop, ever thought about hiring out as a human lightning rod?