another OMC leaking

tic

Petty Officer 2nd Class
LOL... not the boot but geez, I just got done JBWelding a crack in the block and decided to check it today by running the engine w/ the muffs on... The patch is holding really well but I only ran it for 20min. and no higher than 2000rpm.. Then I see water dripping from just behind the waterpump pully.. OH NO!... I increase the rpm and naturally the drip gets worse... I'm thinking bad water pump seal but I traced the water back up to the lower thermostat hose, the one under the input hose to the T-stat.. The hose itself is in good shape, no cracks or evidence of weakening anywhere.. I remove the hose and take some emery cloth to the fitting which is rusty but not rusted through...re-attach hose and clamp... Start up engine and it's still dripping.. Remove hose, and wrap fitting with teflon tape, re-attach hose and clamp and no more drip.. Geez, it's one thing after another with this old 88' four winns 160 freedom.. This boat sat for a very long time without use or winterization..Not my fault, I wasn't around or even the owner, but I'm sure paying the price now!