another job

brother chris

Commander
How many people here have a second job? Are you burned out yet? How long have you held a second job?<br />What is the longest you have held 2 jobs for and why did you quit one of them. <br /><br />I managed to get a second job. I am a proud employee of the Home Depot. I work in the hardware department. It's pretty cool. I started 2 weeks ago.<br /><br /><br />I have always had 7-8 hours of free time before work and decided to put it to use. <br />Some of you know I plan on opening my own business, but before I do that I thought I would make some extra money. Most of my projects are finished, except 2 or 3. <br />My sleeping hours are all screwed up. I sleep from 12am-3:45am, work from 5am-9am, come back home sleep for 4 hours then go and do my full time job from 4-11:30pm I just get my 8 hours of sleep, but just barely. <br />On Monday I worked 5am-11:30pm between both jobs. :eek: <br />Crazy eh!

stl

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: another job

I used to work a second job cooking in restaurants. I would work in the evenings usually starting at about 5:30, and work till 12:00 or 1:00 I would go there straight after my regular job at a hospital. I did this three nights a week probably 15-20 hours per week. It was pretty good extra cash, but very stressful. I did this for about seven years. I actually tried to get a job at the local Home Depot, but they never called me back. I finally quit the cooking gig. Sometime I miss it, but not really. I still pick up odd jobs when ever I can. I guess I'll always have that side hustle in me.

Stumpys

Petty Officer 1st Class

Well, lets see... I work 60 hours a week at the airport, and we have a mowing business on the side working 25 hours a week on average. I probably get 4 to 5 hours sleep a day. In the winter I am on call for snow removal 24/7 at the airport. At least I'm not mowing.<br /><br />The wife and I have always worked two jobs since our kids were small. Even now that they have all grown up, we are just use to it, plus we want all the toys now that they are gone. :D <br /><br />I feel for ya man! Actually, I'm getting too damn old to keep on like I do. I'm still not giving up my weekends though.

brother chris

Commander

Yeah, I know what you mean about the weekends Stumpys. <br />I do not work weekends at the university and Home Depot said I can work early sat mornings and have every other sunday off. So that seems okay. <br />I just wonder how long I can do it for. I guess as long as I get a set schedule, it should be okay. :rolleyes: :D

Drowned Rat

Captain

I'm working only one job for the first time in my life and lovin' every minute of it. I don't know what to do with all the time off and that's just fine with me. :D

RichP1269

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I work full time, forty to sixty hours a week as an electrical estimator. During tax season, I also put in another 30 to 40 hours a week as a tax preparer.<br />Then there is also all the free labor that goes to my youngest sons school, and my older two sons boys scout troop.<br />I keep hearing a rumor about this "leisure time", but I think somwbody is pulling my leg.

JamesCoste

Chief Petty Officer

I've got my own website design business, but I work whatever hours I want at this point. I typically only work 40 hours per week with my state job. My other business gives me something challenging, and rewarding ($) to do after the kids go to bed.