another boring decarb ? / LU in water or out

zj-jeepster

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Sorry, taking up band width here.<br /><br />When I decarb, the motor should be running in water tank or on muffs? I'm thinking some back pressure in the exhaust is good. Instructions probably on the can but I haven't gotten one yet. Thanks.

Solittle

Fleet Admiral
Re: another boring decarb ? / LU in water or out

Should not make a difference. The ideal would be to do it when the boat is in the water so that when the decarb is done you could blow it out with a good run.

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

I like solittle's idea. Pack a cooler, throw some poles in tha' boat, run to yer favorite fishin hole, shoot the decarb in the motor and fish for however long the can says to let her sit. Crank up, blow her out and fish some more. Sounds like a nice day! Course' some of the cans say 3-16 hours for a good soak. :D :D

wayne h

Master Chief Petty Officer

i decarb the night before i go to the river.let her sit over night then run her good and hard wide open throttle for at least 15 min

zj-jeepster

Petty Officer 2nd Class

dude, thanks for helping so quickly<br /><br />yeh makes sense. too bad it's politically incorrect.

wayne h

Master Chief Petty Officer

politically incorrect??? is there anything politiclly correct?? u lose carbon and unburned fuel and oil with a 2 stroke everytime u run in the water