another boating tradgedy

davejnz

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Last wk,my Uncle was spending some leisure time on his 26' Bayliner docked at Boca Chica,FL(the keys).Apparently,there was some kind of fuel leak in the engine compartment that he was attempting to fix.Somehow,the fuel ignited/exploded.He barely got out of the compartment and waived 2 people down before jumping in the water to put out the fire that had consumed him.The 2 rescuers were able to dive in and keep him floating until the e-vac got there.After struggling fo a wk in critical condition,he died this past Monday.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: another boating tradgedy

Thats a tough one Dave. Sorry for your loss.

theriver

Petty Officer 1st Class

While reading your story I was looking forward to a happier ending. I can't tell you how sorry I am. <br />Perhaps some of us can take away a safety reminder for the boating season. <br />Take Care.

LadyFish

Admiral

Dave, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this tragic and sad time. You have our deepest sympathies.

ae708

Chief Petty Officer

So sorry about your Uncle. There's so much sadness and tragedy in the world. It's always sad to hear of these things.

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Sorry for your loss, the unexpected ones are always tougher to take. Deepest sympathies.

Moody Blue

Captain

My deepest sympathies go out to you and your family davejnz. A terrible thing to loose someone close, but I think he is better off where he is now.

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

My families condolences go out to you and your family.

OperativeK

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Sorry to hear that. Remember the good times and share them.

Scoop

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Dave, I am very sorry to hear that. My thoughts go out to you and your family.

davejnz

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thank you for your prayers and thoughts.I just hope the people that read this will understand how dangerous gasoline vapors are and use all precautionary measures before attempting such a repair.My Uncle loved that boat,we were to go diving in the keys this Sept.He will be missed,he's the one who turned me on to boating and was the smartest man i ever met.

beezee28

Master Chief Petty Officer

Sorry to hear about your loss, my condolences to you and your family.