Another bank rant

K5WAS

Seaman
Over the years I have had problems with several banks as others have. They just do not seem to care about offering service any longer. My bank closes at 2pm. so I went to another bank down the street to get a money order. I asked for a money order and was told that they did not have money orders but I could get a cashiers check. I said that will be fine. She asked if I had an account there, I replied no. She then told me that I had to have an account there and the money had to be taken out of my account as they did not accept cash. I think that I know the reason although the women did not. Would any care to speculate why?

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral
Re: Another bank rant

WHat kind of crappy bank closes at 2 pm???<br /><br />You should have used the cash for the money order to open an account, then use that account money to get a money order, then close the account.<br /><br />Bet that would have made their day. :D <br /><br />Ken

K5WAS

Seaman

Most of the banks in Florida close at 2pm and are not open on Saturday. How's that for customer service!!

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

God forbid they be open when the customers can be there. But I bet all the local business have made their daily deposits by then.

Twidget

Commander

Credit Unions are the way to go. Mine is great.

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by Twidget:<br /> Credit Unions are the way to go. Mine is great.
I like credit unions, but the one that i've been a member of for the past ten years is about to become a Savings and Loan :eek: <br /><br />And we know all about Savings and Loans, don't we?<br />especially here in Texas :(

tomatolord

Chief Petty Officer

yes it is simple<br /><br />They are giving CASH in the form of a Cashier check and you are giving them???<br /><br />What a check? <br /><br />HAH! that is only a PROMISE of payment NOT cash<br /><br />No bank that I know of will give you a money order or cashier check without cold hard cash.<br /><br />Although i think some take debit cards...<br /><br />A credit union is a great idea - they usually have extended hours.

eeboater

Commander

My bro needed quarters so he could do laundry. He went into a bank (one that he is not a member) walked up to the counter and here's how the conversation went.<br /><br />Teller: Hi, how can I help you?<br /><br />Dave: Yes, I was wondering if I could get a roll of quarters for my $10 bill here.<br /><br />Teller: Are you a member of our bank?<br /><br />Dave: Um, nope - I was just going to Target and thought you might be able to help me out so I don't have to drive across town to my bank.<br /><br />Teller: I'm sorry I'm not going to be able to help you. It's our company policy to only give change for bank members.<br /><br />Dave: Ok... so... I'm standing here, your standing there I see a roll of quarters sitting on the counter I have my $10 bill in my hand... and we can't just swap.<br /><br />Teller: Thats right, it's our company policy.<br /><br />Dave: Ok, I guess I'm never going to be a member of your company then.<br /><br /><br />Sean

ndemge

Commander

If I had the time I would sit there and open an account, ask LOTS of questions.. and Ask the person behind the desk to read the contract to you because you can't read. Spend HOURS there. Then close the account.<br /><br />..If I had LOTS and LOTS of time, I would do this daily for a week.

K5WAS

Seaman

Tomatolord<br /><br />I know that that would not take a check for a cashiers check, I wanted to pay cash, they said no.