Annapolis Maryland Bound

gonfishn

Commander
Have to travel to Annapolis for a business meeting this week. Have Made Reservations at the O'Callaghan Hotel..Wondering if anyone here has any knowledge of this area..<br /><br />Its been a long time since this ridgerunner has seen this part of the Country..At least I will get to break in my new Trailblazer and see some sights. One day of signing and maybe one day of takn in the sights before I head back..

mattttt25

Commander
Re: Annapolis Maryland Bound

live here, work here, went to college here. anything you need to know, let me know.

crab bait

Captain

annapolis is a neat little ( big to a hill jack ) town.. <br /><br />a real colonial brick an black shutter kind-o-place.. <br /><br />if'n you can swing it.. baltimore's inner harbor/fells point is not to be missed.. <br /><br />heck,, it just up the road..

gonfishn

Commander

Thanks Matt..Will be there Thursday through Saturday. Actually Annapolis is the home of the (Fu Chest).<br />I can't say anything more here cause I was poofed the last time I mentioned that name. The idea came about because of space needed during the graduation times in Annapolis.<br />Can you give me some points of interest I may want to visit? Here is my email (gonfishn@adelphia.net) CrabBait..Last time I was in that area I visited shall we say an area which is strictly rated a triple x. I will say it was very scenic in a different kind of way if ya know what I mean :D

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

will the duck be traveling with you GF? :p <br />have a safe/productive trip! and Matt, hook him<br />up with a ride on Navy vessel maybe... just don't<br />let him drive. LOL

mattttt25

Commander

gonfishn- you lost me, maybe i'm missing something.<br /><br />as for what to do- you're hotel is in downtown and a brisk walk or drive towards the harbor (what we call ego alley) puts you at everything. not sure what you're looking for, but plenty of small shops to browse if that's your thing. if you want bars and restaurants, i can help. if you like italian, check out maria's. if you want great seafood, go to middleton's (george washington supposedly dined there). if you roll out of the bars at 2am and are hungry, grab a slice of pie at mangia's. for drinks, check out armadillo's, mcgarvey's, o'brien's, the list is endless. there are litterally 20 pubs within a 2 minute walk. all have their own thing. if the weather gets a bit nicer (we're in a cold spell right now), i always like to get coffee in the morning at starbucks, and then sit at the city docks and watch the boats, people, dogs, and ducks with my 2 year old. if the weather does break, you can sit by the water and eat/drink at pusser's (bar within the downtown marriott waterfront).<br /><br />of course, you need to tour the naval academy. i wouldn't take a group tour, just hit the visitor's center, grab a map, and walk it yourself. you can't drive on base, but gate 1 is a 2 minute walk from downtown.<br /><br />if you need any other help, just let me know here or email me at bonzellamj@efaches.navfac.navy.mil.