And we help why?

Kenneth Brown

Captain
Below are the actual voting records of various Arabic/Islamic <br />States which are recorded in both the US State Department <br />and United Nations records:<br /><br />Kuwait votes against the United States 67% of the time.<br /><br />Qatar votes against the United States 67% of the time.<br /><br />Morocco votes against the United States 70% of the time.<br /><br />United Arab Emirates votes against the U. S. 70% of the time.<br /><br />Jordan votes against the United States 71% of the time.<br /><br />Tunisia votes against the United States 71% of the time.<br /><br />Saudi Arabia votes against the United States 73% of the time.<br /><br />Yemen votes against the United States 74% of the time.<br /><br />Algeria votes against the United States 74% of the time.<br /><br />Oman votes against the United States 74% of the time.<br /><br />Sudan votes against the United States 75% of the time.<br /><br />Pakistan votes against the United States 75% of the time.<br /><br />Libya votes against the United States 76% of the time.<br /><br />Egypt votes against the United States 79% of the time.<br /><br />Lebanon votes against the United States 80% of the time.<br /><br />India votes against the United States 81% of the time.<br /><br />Syria votes against the United States 84% of the time.<br /><br />Mauritania votes against the United States 87% of the time.<br /><br /><br />US Foreign Aid to those that hate us:<br /><br />Egypt, for example, after voting 79% of the time against <br />the United States, still receives $2 billion annually in US <br />Foreign Aid.<br /><br />Jordan votes 71% against the United States and receives <br />$192,814,000 annually in US Foreign Aid.<br /><br />Pakistan votes 75% against the United States receives <br />$6,721,000 annually in US Foreign Aid.<br /><br />India votes 81% against the United States receives <br />$143,699,000 annually<br /><br />Perhaps it is time to get out of the UN and give the tax <br />savings back to the American workers who are having <br />to skimp and sacrifice to pay the taxes.<br /><br />Pass it along. Everyone needs to know this.<br /><br />Might even mention it to your congressman, who knows <br />it anyway... What a disgrace!!! No wonder the world has <br />no respect for us.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral
Re: And we help why?

:mad: dang ulcer! Thanks KB Apparently the other 20 to 30% is when they vote to receive our aid. <br /><br />Just think how our economy would be if we didn't give away that money. Heck, we just might be able to afford to buy stuff made in the USA!<br /><br />I would like to see our population be able to vote to push the UN out of our country. It just might send a message to those that don't like us that we don't like them either.

ob

Admiral

And my answer to the topic title is the one that most of these nations don't want to acknowledge which leads to our differences.Simply that the US looks out for the well being of the planet ,and most ,if not all of them ,look out for themselves,not to include the citizens of such.

Kenneth Brown

Captain

Thanks Brian, glad to know it checks out at Snopes. To be honest guys I didn't really know if it was true or not. These figures were qoated to me by someone else and it sounded right so I posted it.

f_inscreenname

Commander

True or not, we do give money to countries that don't like us and get little in return. I wonder what type of “aid” it is. Surplus wheat for starving children I have no problem with. Cash to support a (richard head) government should never happen. I hope I live to the day we come up with an alternative power source that everyone uses. That way the Middle East can go back to wondering tribes in the desert that no one cares about.

Triton II

Commander

Scary numbers KB. I'd be interested to find out the votes against Australia, which although nothing like the US in terms of how much it gives to other countries, still does give. Our government here and most of the people (we just had an election which returned our coalition government led by John Howard for a fourth term) are ardent supporters of the US. However, we have an increasingly vocal minority of detractors who want Australia to be autonomous from the US. Trouble is, they can't see that we couldn't afford a defence force big enough to defend ourselves without US help, so they're barking up the wrong tree. My view is (probably biased from 13.5 years in the military) that the US and Australian and British people should support our troops in the middle east... after all, they have been sent there, they didn't ask to go.

Kenneth Brown

Captain

Triton- On the Snopes link it tells you what Au. is, sorry I cannot recall.

Triton II

Commander

Thanks KB, it tells you that Aus voted against the US 44% of the time and the UK voted against the US 40% of the time. Even Israel voted against the US 11% of the time. What I'm wondering is how the split of votes against the main US allies goes, i.e who voted against Israel, UK and Aus and how often.

gonfishn

Commander

What a sad state of affairs..The Arabs get over on us cause they got us over a barrel,oil that is if ya know what I mean

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by SS MAYFLOAT:<br /> :mad: dang ulcer! Thanks KB Apparently the other 20 to 30% is when they vote to receive our aid.
That was EXACTLY my first sentiment even before I read what the pro votes were!!