An open apology

rrmartin

Cadet
This past tuesday, I posted a note to several pages and boards in an effort to obtain feedback on a new hull fouling technology via an online survey administered at www.aboatingsurvey.com.<br /><br />Because of my timing and desire to gain a diverse feedback audience, my messages appeared as spam, and for this I am sorry. We received about 50 responses from the effort, and will be donating $250 to the American Red Cross so far. We are prepared to donate up to $3,000 if we get enough responses to justify this (at a $5 donation per response). <br /><br />Again, I apologize for coming across as spam. If you would like to help in our efforts, please feel free to visit the site mentioned above.<br /><br />Best Regards,<br /><br />Rip Martin

Ralph 123

Captain
Re: An open apology

Rip,<br /><br />Check your email. I have something that may interest you.

D

DJ

Ripley Martin,<br /><br />It still puzzles me why you would not elect to have a completely "unbiased" poll using iboats ability to post such.<br /><br />When it comes to polling, you get what you ask, and how it's answered.<br /><br />Signed,<br /><br />Skeptical.

achris

More fish than mountain goat

Sorry, minute anyone asks for cookies to be enabled, I'm outa here! That is the first line in a spammer's attack.

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

way too many red flags here... Chief ;)

Ralph 123

Captain

Man you guys are so cynical. The guy is a student at Michigan doing his senior project for Merc... His UofM email is on the first page. I emailed him and he replied. I did a similar thing for Ford when I was getting my MBA.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by Ralph:<br /> Man you guys are so cynical.
You sure you don't mean paranoid Ralph? ;)

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

No worries, Ripley.<br /><br />I hope you understand our suspicion of anything that asks for our Email addys.

Realgun

Commander

My email is......and thats all you will ever get.<br /><br />Just how are we to know your a student at Michigan? And not Ohio State? :D

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

I tried your link last week and the page wouldn't load.<br />Same thing tonight.<br />? ? ?<br /><br />I'l bet he is originally from Illinois. :)

Fly Rod

Commander

:) here's my e-mail:<br /><br />fr@longstaff.net

rrmartin

Cadet

Thanks for the comments, Ralph. <br /><br />Roscoe, I tried to figure out why the page wouldn't load, but can't seem to replicate the problem. The page is hosted by surveymonkey.com, and we purchased a domain to redirect to the page, as the actual hyperlink is very long. I suspect the problem is the interface between the two. <br /><br />Rip