America has another Sweetheart!

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Make room, Mary Lou Retton. Not only did Carly Patterson give a sterling come from behind performance in the All Around, she and her 'teammate' Courtney Kupets, consistantly showed that special American 'having fun' kind of countenance through the whole program, both genuinely smiling through thick and thin.

gaugeguy

Captain
Re: America has another Sweetheart!

Carly was great last night, as was my favorite female olympic athelete Amanda Beard, she is one powerful swimmer. I didn't think she was gonna take the gold, but she really turned it on in the last 50 meters...awesome!!!

tylerin

Commander

The balance beam was brutal...I don't think I ever seen so many girls fall down. Great show

PatPatterson

Chief Petty Officer

Makes you proud of these kids, don't it? Here are 15 - 16 year old girls, tumblng on a 2 x 4, with people screaming, music blasting from other events, flashbulbs popping, and TV cameras everywhere, and a Pro Golfer can't even hit a stationary ball if someone is whispering 15 feet away. Hmmmm...

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Yep, it was an impressive performance by both of our girls. I'm very proud of them. <br /> Just an opinion... I believe that our american girls just show great health and enjoyment too. Our girls look like they're enjoying themselves. Some of those gymnasts from like Romania and Russia just look anorexic to me. Our girls look healthy and strong. Just a thought I've been thinking about and thought I'd just put out there.<br />Go USA! We're awesome!<br />Bassy