america can do better

crab bait

Captain
an help is on the way...<br /><br />that's the best 'good news' i heard in along time..

ebbtide176

Commander
Re: america can do better

u must be talking about the rapture getting closer, because i seriously doubt you would consider your hopeful candidate for the election to make things better. :D <br /><br />yes, i'm sure you mean the rapture. good job

levittownnick

Senior Chief Petty Officer

NTSB Academy Proposal Forcing Boaters to Wear PFDs<br /><br />August 25, 2004 is a meeting in Virginia by the NTSB to hear arguments why boaters must wear PFDs.<br /><br />While I can appreciate their good intentions, I strongly object to this proposal. I am an adult and like the vast majority of adults, I can and will determine when it is appropriate to don a PFD.<br /><br />We don’t wear bullet proof vests just in case there is a drive-by shooting, nor do we walk around with hard hats or helmets (outside a work zone) just in case an object should fall out of the sky or we bump into something or fall on our head. <br /><br />This kind of overprotective thinking will some day have them legislating that we must all be wrapped in bubble-wrap, don a helmet and bullet-proof vest before we get out of bed.<br /><br />Who is putting forth this stuff, the PFD manufacturers?<br /><br />Too much of a good thing is stifling.<br /><br />Pass this on or add your thoughts and pass it on.<br /><br />Long time boater,<br />Nick DiSalvo

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Started as a political troll, got hijacked.<br /><br />Going to DC

BrianFD

Senior Chief Petty Officer

levittownnick, I just filled out a survey from someone at Michigan State University asking my reaction to this NTSB proposed legislation voicing my disapproval of it. Also, I emailed this professor to urge him to voice our collective opinions to nix this proposal. He replied that he thought the 4000+ signatures he's got on a petition against this legislation spoke for itself, and will present it to the NTSB. Thought you should know,<br />Brian<br /><br />PS: Thanks, JB for moving this!!

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

That's not good news Crabby... Thats GREAT NEWS! <br /><br />Thanks Crabby... :)

KennyKenCan

Commander

And they say we have freedom here in the USA?<br /><br />This is proof that we are not free, but rather oppressed!<br /><br />The Bill of Rights of the People of the United States of America is pretty explicit:<br /><br /> "The Government CANNOT write laws against the actions of the individual citizen, for any reason"! <br /><br />This subject falls into that catagory, but once again, the bleeding heart librals in this country wish to express their opinion by forcing laws upon you, all in the name of protecting you against you, and in making a profit, at your expense!!<br /><br />I'm a big boy now, and I don't need some greedy, non-boating, bleeding heart libral protecting me! Protecting me, is my responsibility, not the governments! I can take care of myself without any intervention from the government, just as the Bill of Rights gaurantees me!<br /><br />This should not even be an issue, let alone even be debated upon!