america can do better

crab bait

Captain
an help is on the way...<br /><br />that's the best 'good news' i heard in along time..

ebbtide176

Commander
Re: america can do better

u must be talking about the rapture getting closer, because i seriously doubt you would consider your hopeful candidate for the election to make things better. :D <br /><br />yes, i'm sure you mean the rapture. good job

levittownnick

Senior Chief Petty Officer

NTSB Academy Proposal Forcing Boaters to Wear PFDs<br /><br />August 25, 2004 is a meeting in Virginia by the NTSB to hear arguments why boaters must wear PFDs.<br /><br />While I can appreciate their good intentions, I strongly object to this proposal. I am an adult and like the vast majority of adults, I can and will determine when it is appropriate to don a PFD.<br /><br />We don’t wear bullet proof vests just in case there is a drive-by shooting, nor do we walk around with hard hats or helmets (outside a work zone) just in case an object should fall out of the sky or we bump into something or fall on our head. <br /><br />This kind of overprotective thinking will some day have them legislating that we must all be wrapped in bubble-wrap, don a helmet and bullet-proof vest before we get out of bed.<br /><br />Who is putting forth this stuff, the PFD manufacturers?<br /><br />Too much of a good thing is stifling.<br /><br />Pass this on or add your thoughts and pass it on.<br /><br />Long time boater,<br />Nick DiSalvo

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Started as a political troll, got hijacked.<br /><br />Going to DC