Alternative for OMC terminals connector

Sylva-Ranger

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Do you know if exist an alternative for 511469 pin connector and 581656 socket ?

This is the OMC connectors used in many powerpack and other connections in '70,'80's Johnson/Evinrude outboards.

Do you know if that exist in Grote, Pico or some other brand that can be orded in auto-part store ? And possibly less expensive

Thank you.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
they are amphenal pins and sockets

start on the amphenal website or one of their on-line distributors

https://www.google.com/search?q=amphenol&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1-ab

however for only a few $ you can get them from your johnyrude dealer or pay 4x as much and get them from ebay.

do you have the correct crimp pliers for the amphenol pins? if not, simply swing by your johnyrude dealer and buy the pins/sockets and ask to borrow theirs.

Sylva-Ranger

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thank you Scott,

The reason that i search for an alternative, is my J/E dealer is about one hour from me,...........And my auto part have free delivery every day at my door.

I use this therminals not only for outboards repair, but they are the perfect size for build many adaptors for electrical testing whit my multimeter/DVA.

My dealer sold one terminal' for about the price of a pack of 10 wheater-pack or Deutch terminals that i find in my auto-part.
I need about 30 of them so i check for a cheaper alternative.

Chinewalker

Fleet Admiral
Ask your local marina to save you some dead power packs, or post a wanted ad on AOMCI.org, or a Facebook group for outboards. I've clipped plug off old packs, coils, triggers and stators to replace the odd one here and there that had been melted, chewed on by mice, or clipped off by a "mechanic".

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
You can order from CDI electronics...
Connectors...911-9900
Female pins..973-1656
Male pins...973-1469

Sylva-Ranger

Petty Officer 2nd Class
You can order from CDI electronics...
Connectors...911-9900
Female pins..973-1656
Male pins...973-1469

Thank you !

But do you think they are avaliable by local auto part in curent therminals brand too ?

Because to rod by CDI i have to take them from my dealer too, and i find some therminals that came whit CDI stator/CDI are not always the best quality (in particular, pins adaptor that came whith some Merc stator).

Last edited:

Sylva-Ranger

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Ask your local marina to save you some dead power packs, or post a wanted ad on AOMCI.org, or a Facebook group for outboards. I've clipped plug off old packs, coils, triggers and stators to replace the odd one here and there that had been melted, chewed on by mice, or clipped off by a "mechanic".

Every time i change a electronic part for a customer, i keep all the wires and plugs
very usefull !

But my question is more about individual therminals that i give the number.

Last edited: