Altering throttle on a controlbox...now with pics

Wiggy

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I'm trying to set-up a genuine Mercury control box up on a 1987 Mercury 25hp. Thing is that when I either give throttle or using the other smaller lever it pulls the connector in on the end of the cable but I need it to push it out?<br /><br />Now I've looked inside the control box and can't find any logical solution for changing this. Everything is authentic, but my question is, is there a way of changing this?

Laddies

Banned
Re: Altering throttle on a controlbox...now with pics

25 HP mercurys controls work backwards and the older boxes can't be reversed

Wiggy

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Which box do I need then?<br /><br />The control box looks like it's from the 90's? The one with Mercury in red writing on the shift lever and the red trigger you have to grip in to shift gears.

ricksrster

Commander

P.S.<br />You have to get a harness adapter to use these controls. <br />881170A 5 is the one that is reversed from most controls.

Wiggy

Petty Officer 2nd Class

So what are you saying, I can buy an adapter or I have to get a whole new control box?<br /><br />$187.95 seems a bit too much as I've only paid $250 for the motor!<br /><br />Can I not buy a normal adapter/fittings for my motor?

timmathis

Lieutenant

Try ebay for used one. Or local boat boneyard.<br />Happens all the time parts cost more than the boat or motor!!!

Wiggy

Petty Officer 2nd Class

This is my current controlbox:-<br /><br />
13042006102324IO8VmSW4154m.jpg
<br /><br />This is the set-up in my motor, can anyone suggest maybe modifications of this to take my current set-up?<br /><br />
13042006102324fqH54fd6M9o6.jpg
<br /><br />All help is greatly recieved!