Already Making Runs......

ehenry

Commander
Folks here are already making runs on the stores and gas stations. Theres even rumors that FEMA and MEMA are going to take over gas stations and ration gas. I did see on tv, however, that neither one of those organizations had the autority to do such and that no such thing was going to happen. The even interviewed managers at a couple of the gas terminals and they said there is absolutely no gas shortage...the only lines to be expected are the ones for the tankers at the terminals waiting to be loaded.<br /><br />Unbelievable....i guess folks are gun shy from Katrina.

KaGee

Admiral
Re: Already Making Runs......

You are not really in harms way are you??

ehenry

Commander

No, we're not. We may get some rain and light wind from it and thats about it right now. If the high pressure system thats over our area stays put it will keep pushing Rita west of us. Katrina was projected to go farther west until the high pressure system over our area moved to the east. Anything can happen though we can only hope that Rita isn't as devestating to the Texas coast as it was to the Mississippi and Louisiana coasts. I sure hope the Ladyfishes, the Keltonkrews, Kenimpzooms, Jtexases and anyone else in IBOATS in the path of Rita rethinks their plan if they are planning on riding it out.

KaGee

Admiral

Well, as of now they say she's grown to a CAT 5!<br />I believe the LF's are well on their way out of there.<br /><br />So it looks like them, Kelton and Kenzoom are in for it. If I forgot anyone, I'm sorry.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

thanks ef, you could say I'm in her path, but I'm gonna brace for her...it's 300 miles between me & the coast, but any of you others are welcome just come on up.<br /><br />Heard this morning the statewide hotel occupancy rate is over 95% with Katrinians; Ritans might have to go a long ways to find a room.

ehenry

Commander

Jtexas, I'm right at 200 miles from Biloxi/Gulfport and it got pretty bad here 80+ mph winds. I wish you and your family the best in this storm. I have fmaily out there in the Trophy Club and Keller areas. ALso, my sisters daughter lives in Houston but she got out yesterday headed up here. Got an aunt in Jasper/Brooklyn area, sister inlaw in San Antonio. I hope they do the smart thing.<br /><br />Yall be carefull.