Alpha One trim

Alpha one outdrive does not go up or down with the trim button on the controls. the solenoid does not click when i do this. i can jump solenoids and the motor works both up and down. i checked the 20amp fuse and is fine. could it be the switch at the helm?

Last edited:

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Alpha One trim

Alpha one outdrive does go up or down with the trim button on the controls.

Ayuh,.... I'm guessing you got this statement Wrong,..??..??

If so,...
The 1st place to look is the limit switch on the outdrive...
The wires tend to corrode,+ fall off...

i'm still trying to determine my issue with my outdrive. i followed all the info in the troubleshooting manuals, i have jumped out the trim limit switches and the unit still does not go and up down with the helm switch. it does move if i jump the solenoids out. i looked every where for info regarding jumping out the helm switch to see if that has gone bad but no luck. is it time to go to the pros?

JustJason

Vice Admiral

instead of jumping this and jumping that.... do you own a multimeter and do you know how to use it?

hello justjason,
i do have a meter and i have been using it but the answers have been confusing, i have been testing continuity and 12v presence. i did find some corrosion in my trim limit switch and possible breakage but the continuity tested out. i tested 12 v across the 110 amp fuse nothing and there is power from the battery to the terminal. i thought it was the 110amp fuse but if i use the trailer button the unit works, i don't think it is possible to have the 110 amp fuse blown and the trailer button works????