Alpha Drive - Sudden Trim Failure...

ec133

Recruit
The trim on my alpha drive suddenly stopped working. The drive is a ~1999, attached to a 1995 350 mag mercruiser. It won't trim up or down using the thumb button, and it won't work using the trailer button either. It is currently trimmed up as high as possible without pressing the trailer button. There have never been signs that it was starting to wear out or anything. <br /><br />Could this be an easy fix, like a bad connector or something? Or could the pump have just blown? I'm not even sure where to start here... <br /><br />Any advice is much appreciated!

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Alpha Drive - Sudden Trim Failure...

Do you have Power going to the Pump ????

ec133

Recruit

hmmm... good question!<br />Hopefully this will be fairly straight forward to check out. I just bought a new multi meter on my way home from work. (I fried my old one) Hopefully I still know how to use it.<br /><br />I hate electrical issues!

erictierno

Recruit

Check for power first and then check to make sure the trim wire connections are good should be some bullet style connectors I believe

Trent

Captain

Check the fuse thats mounted near/on the pump. Also make sure the big black cannon plug on the engine is fully plugged in. They can shake out or be bumped.