Alpha 1 trim issue

good to go

Cadet
I have been diligently working to overcome the trim/trailer not working on my 83 Searay, twin 5.o litre. When I got the boat the trailer buttons worked but the helm switches for port up/down and starboard up only would not work. Then the port would not work at all trailor or helm. I have followed all wiring per the manuals and help provided on here and have everything working now but the starboard helm switch for up..... was just bad connections to repair the rest. I now have the starboard issue isolated to the wire going through the transom. It is live to that point when the helm switch for up is toggled. So my guess is the trim sending sensor on the drive.....Is there a way to repair this WITHOUT pulling the boat out of the water or am I just going to live with it this way till the fall. I do need to get drives up at some points when travelleing shallow waters and when moored in shallow areas.

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Alpha 1 trim issue

Is there a way to repair this WITHOUT pulling the boat out of the water or am I just going to live with it this way till the fall.

Ayuh,... You Should be able to By-pass it, Right there at the bullet connectors..
The Only draw-back is, it'll trim up all the way though trailer mode...

good to go

Cadet

By bypass do you mean just unplug the bullets and leave them that way or connect one to the other?

Bondo

Staff member

Ayuh,... The wire From the switch needs to be hooked to the wire To the pump...
The wire going out To the drive,+ the wire returning From the drive will Not be connected to anything...