'alone in the wilderness' richard prenicki

crab bait

Captain
see that on pbs..<br /><br />about a man who moved to alaska an built a cabin an lived off the land for 30 years..<br /><br />he had wind-up 8mm camera equip.. an filmed himself building the cabin ,fireplace, door hinges,an such.. also of the surrounding nature, animals, lakes,an such..<br /><br />only did it to record his life an for his iowa family to see one day.. <br /><br />prenicki live there until 90 years of age<br />before the winters an life there was to much for him..<br /><br />he showed someone his film an that someone edited it ,, narrated it from prenicki's own diary journals.. to what is viewed today..<br /><br />5 days after ritchard prenicki saw the finished product,, he died..

tylerin

Commander
Re: 'alone in the wilderness' richard prenicki

Saw it months ago. The guy was amazing. Whole family enjoyed it.

NOSLEEP

Commander

Originally posted by tylerin:<br /> Saw it months ago. The guy was amazing. Whole family enjoyed it.
I agree.. thats squeezing every drop out of life<br />in my opinion.

20/20

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I also watched it a few months back very interesting. He seemed to be very intune with life.

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

I saw that as well, what an amazing man he was.

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

I got the video...Truly amazing! it is up for loan if anybody here would like.

Link

Rear Admiral

There are two films..<br />Alone in the Wilderness and<br />ALASKA Silence & Solitude<br />Both about Richard Proenneke<br />Truely AMAZING! Both by Bob Swerer Productions<br /><br />Here I am worring about checking out early and Im his age when he moved up there.. WOW! He did so much with so little.<br /><br />Like neumanns we loan them out all the time. Just got both of them back again last week.

tylerin

Commander

Richard Proenneke <br />Crab here's a website were you can purchase the DVD's. I believe I've only seen one.