Almost took the plunge

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander
I have been waiting impatiently to start on the boat for the summer. Yesterday it was up to 80. I pulled the cover off and almost started working on it. I need to rebuild the carb and I want to go through the drive to replace the Gimble bearing and water pump parts. Also think I have a seal leking a bit. <br />Yesterday was so nice I almost took the carb off and started. The summer birds we call killdeer have come back recently, but I thought it always snows on them once so I took my kids to the park instead. <br />Today it is down to 40 or lower and raining. Glad I waited.<br />I hate this time of the year. The weather is such a tease!

NYMINUTE

Captain
Re: Almost took the plunge

Yea, 80* today, 73* tommorow, Saturday high of 38*. Ever hear of Indian Spring?

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

Yep, we call it Indian Summer. thought we had that 2 weeks ago when it hit 80.<br />Oh well, it will be a month before the corps gets the docks in shape anyway.

D

DJ

That's the kind of day you just sit in it and make noises.<br /><br />Make sure nobody is watching though. They may have you committed. :eek:

cajun555

Chief Petty Officer

DJ, Do you have your rod and reel while your sitting in your boat? I do but I don't get near the looks as the 250 lb. chick next door who does yard work with a halter top on.