alarm horn cable and additional wires

mrbarth

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Sorry for the big avatar, just try to change it<br />I have a continous sounding alarm horn on my <br />OMC 90 HP 1991<br />I searched the board and found a lot of similar entries that helped my track down the problem unto<br />the followinf stage.<br /><br /> I followed the tan GROUND wire from the control box alarm horn to the red connector female side, over to the male side and up to both temp switches. <br /><br />Everything fine (No Ground) until then. <br />The 2 tem switches have no ground as well.<br /><br />This is ONLY true if I disconnect the 2 wires shown on the picture. <br /><br />
PB083256.JPG
<br /><br />If connected, the horn sounds all the time as soon as the ign. key is on.<br /><br />The tan wire on the right is connected to the <br />"main" tan line from horn to temp switch. AT least to my OHM meter.<br /><br />The black one I dont know, has some 18K Ohm to Ground ?<br /><br />Thought this could have something to do with the<br />disabled VRO, but cant trace the black ones origin. Maybe I should get all that electric tape off of the harness ?????<br /><br />Thanks for your input

OBJ

Supreme Mariner
Re: alarm horn cable and additional wires

Boats....those are the connections that would have gone to the VRO oil tank for low level alarm. Tape them off. DON'T connect them together.<br /><br />Could ya' make your avatar a little smaller too please??

mrbarth

Petty Officer 2nd Class

OBJ<br />Sorry for the avatar, but you guys are too fast :)<br />I just did it, checked it, saw the size and before I was able to deactivate it, you and moderator one already got it. Sorry for that one and thanks for the info on the cable. WHo on this board says if its not broke, fix it until it does ???? This connection was green and rotten, so I fixed it and afterwards got the problem :)

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

LOL!! We try to keep up boats.... :) Glad ya' found the problem.