Alarm - Behind Gauges

jkering66

Seaman Apprentice
I have a 1984 Grady White Overnighter. When I started the boat yesterday, there was an alarm/horn going off behnid the gauges. I looked under the dash, but cannot see the horn?<br /><br />What is the horn/alarm device behind the dashboard alert you of, overheating, Oil Injection alarm?<br /><br />I ran the boat at headway speed for 30 minutes and it runs as normal, great. Not sure if the alarm device is broken, or something is wrong.<br /><br />Any assistance is appreciated. Thanks.

philtheskipper

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Alarm - Behind Gauges

Could be anything, depending on what motor you have. My Suzuki has a low water pressure alarm that is behind the guages. It alarms every time I start the boat though, until enough water gets in the engine.

Snailman

Petty Officer 2nd Class

My boat has an alarm located in the gauge panel that indicates that oil pressure is low. When the key is left in the "run" position with the engine off for more than 30 seconds or so it'll start sounding. It assumes that the engine is running but that oil pressure is zero.<br /><br />Even though it is very loud the buzzer itself is quite small. Piezo buzzers can be found that'll emit 100+dB! Radio Shack Piezo Buzzer (with picture)<br /><br />
usps.jpg

Ralph 123

Captain

Snailman - thanks for the link. I've been wanting to make a bilge alarm and that buzzer should do nicely.<br /><br />Thanks!

Snailman

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Always a pleasure! That's why the iBoat forums are so great! I check 'em daily!<br /><br /> :) <br /><br />
usps.jpg