Alarm beeping

csisommout

Petty Officer 1st Class
Looking for some advice,

I have mercury 1997 40 hp 4 cylinder oil injection, with S/N 0G565379 , when starting motor alarm keeps on beeping even after disconnect tan wire from sensor and replaced low oil alarm module. Any info will be appreciated, Cal

alldodge

Staff member
Looking for some advice,

I have mercury 1997 40 hp 4 cylinder oil injection, with S/N 0G565379 , when starting motor alarm keeps on beeping even after disconnect tan wire from sensor and replaced low oil alarm module. Any info will be appreciated, Cal

Not an outboard guy here, but Mercury uses Tan and Tan/Blue which go to other senders that can turn the horn on. Can also be done with Temp sender/switch

alldodge

Staff member
Don't really know, hope an outboard guy will come in. I would find the wires and trace them, my guess would be that the temp sensor would be somewhere on the head. Might even have one on the exhaust side. Your manual is at this site http://boatinfo.no/lib/library.html
Will try to look around a bit to see if I can come up with something

enginepower

Petty Officer 1st Class
Disconnect any tan/blue wires and see if it stops beeping. The wire could also be pinched and shorting somewhere which will make the alarm go off as well.

csisommout

Petty Officer 1st Class
I disconnect a wire that goes to low oil module the beep is gone. Thanks

dukhnter8

Seaman Apprentice
What color was the wire for the low oil module?

Mine was beeping this weekend but the oil was low and the water for cooling had some gunk in it so it was not fully flowing (weak/spraying) hopefully that was the issue.

Last edited: