Airventure Oshkosh 2005 WHO IS GOING!

sloopy

Commander
Hey guys. I know some of us on this board also also pilots and aviation nuts. Well anyway, I will be at oshkosh 2005 from sat-wed and if there are any other iboats members there we should all meet up and chill for a bit. I will be flying in on a Cessna 170 :cool: . if anyone else is going please respond here or shoot me an email :) . funny(removethis)sailboats@hotmail.com<br /><br />-Bill

D

DJ

Re: Airventure Oshkosh 2005 WHO IS GOING!

NOT going this year. :( <br /><br />Otherwise, it's a treat to behold. Amazing.

eeboater

Commander

Wow.. you're coming from WV?! Cripes, I'm only 30 minutes from there. Driven past it 200 times, but never stopped. Always thought to myself "dang, thats a lot of campers"<br /><br />Sean

sloopy

Commander

you should stop by.

sloopy

Commander

come on guys who is going?

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

That's one of the places I have always wanted to be, Sloopster, but other commitments prevent it this year.<br /><br />Take some good pix of the coolest planes (likely to be Beede or Scaled Composites) and post them for us. :)

crab bait

Captain

love them GEE-BEE's..!!<br /><br />have fun SLOOP..

Trent

Captain

I cant go this year but our DC3 is going tomorrow Sloopy. Red/White. N728G
341496.jpg

sloopy

Commander

I'll take plenty of pics, Nice Dc3.<br />anyone else going?? come on guys 50000 members and no one is goine!

sloopy

Commander

338539.jpg
<br /><br />Can't wait ;)

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Wish I could go.. Love planes.. Hate to fly... (wierd huh?)<br /><br />If anyone here ever makes plans to go to the fly-in in Lakeland FL, be sure to let me know.... :)

TilliamWe

Banned

Sloopy where at in West By God are you?<br /><br />I am not into flying, but my best friend almost always goes to Oshkosh. But the one he's real interested in, is the Pietenpol fly-in that's right around the same time as the EAA.<br /><br />snapperbait, I lived in Auburndale for more or less three years, and never went to the fly in in Lakeland. Is it a big deal?

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Sorry SLOOPY, have other plans. Been tied up in the traffic from EAA many times. Used to sit at girlfriends hose and watch the planes landing. The museum is great, the people are great. If the weather is decent, you will have a wonderful time. Bring sunscreen, rain gear, and cash. <br /><br />Don't come up short on that landing, or you'll be swimming with the walleyes in Winnebago.<br /><br />Keep an eye open when flying over Lake Michigan, look for the body of a guy I went to high school with, he drown out there 10 days ago. <br /><br />What's your flight path look like?

Dave Abrahamson

Lieutenant

Sure wish I were going Sloop.<br />I try and hit the Sun-n-Fun at Lakeland every year but have yet to make Oshkosh. One of these days........

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

snapperbait, I lived in Auburndale for more or less three years, and never went to the fly in in Lakeland. Is it a big deal
It's no Oshkosh, but it's a pretty big deal... :)

sloopy

Commander

come on!!! someone come! :( :( :(