Airlines-What's your favorite and why?

D

DJ

For me, it's Southwest.<br /><br />Although I don't like the cattle car loading, I do like:<br /><br />-on time.<br /><br />-fun.<br /><br />-best frequent flyer program, in the biz.

ZmOz

Captain
Re: Airlines-What's your favorite and why?

I fly to L.A. alot, usually Alaska air, most of the time they're the cheapest for me. Also a friend works for Horizon (part of alaska) and I get free or cheap tickets from time to time. So far I'm happy with them, and they're usually on time...even if we take off late. (If they have the ability to make up time because of a late take off, why don't they do that ALL the time? :rolleyes: )

Link

Rear Admiral

My favorite is private or chartered jet... no herding of cattle, back door service.<br />But it isn't cheap! But at the time I wasn't paying for it :D <br />Commercial I usually go for the cheapest/redeye

gaugeguy

Captain

I also prefer Southwest. I like the window seats, and the people that get on before me usually scarf all the aisle seats, and I have my choice of window seats, usually in the emergency row (where all the leg-room is). My flights with them have always been uneventful, the way I like em. The landings and take-offs always are smooth with them also, unlike US Scare (USair).

LadyFish

Admiral

Hands down....Southwest. They're friendly, less expensive, no assigned seating, timely, and they have a hub close to us.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

I like Southwest, but also Continental.<br /><br />For flying to Thailand, I always fly Thai Air cause the planes have more leg room and are newer.<br /><br />Northwest is the worst for international travel. They have some of the oldest planes in the world. I swear I rode in one plane that looked just like the one in the movie "Airport" starring Dean Martin. :D <br /><br />Ken

mattttt25

Commander

southwest and airtran. i had a flight booked on airtran to the bahamas last year. they got nailed by a hurricane. i called to cancel my flight. they refunded every penny, no questions asked, because of the hurricane. never once asked if i wanted to resked or try to offer me just a voucher. thought that was good business.

Twidget

Commander

Southwest is great. I make the trek to Love Field in Dallas to use them.(DFW Airport is a lot closer)<br /><br />I just wish the freaking Wright Amendment would go away. For those outside of Texas, the Wright Amendment stops flights from Love Field in Dallas from going directly to any state that does not have a common border with Texas. Want to fly to California? You have to go to El Paso and change planes. :mad:

gsbodine

Petty Officer 1st Class

Southwest's refund and reschedule options, as well as their fares, are the best I've seen. I always use them when possible.

Stratosfied

Ensign

I have limited flight experience, and have had great service with AirTran and Delta out of Pensacola to Chicago, and with my wife and daughter going to Dulles in DC this Spring. It's funny that ya'll really like Southwestern, as I have seen on A&E's show, most people hate them? Must be the media again!

Drowned Rat

Captain

I too like SW for the price if nothing else, but also they are friendly and courteous. 2nd choice is America West, but only because I'm in Phoenix and they're really the only other game in town with descent prices and lots of destinations.

QC

Supreme Mariner

Hands down for me it is Continental. I have flown all the domestics and many of the Int'ls. Continental has always treated me the best. My only complaint with them is no Australia . . .<br /><br />Southwest is great for many domestic routes. If the company is paying, I'd rather go with Continental as they will upgrade me to the front :D I am horribly spoiled now :eek:

D

DJ

Hey, I like private jets too! My last flight was on a G5.<br /><br />I'm flying Conti. this week.<br /><br />The only thing that really bugs me about Southwest is them allowing (pre-boarders) you know, the people needing assistance, to sit in the exit row seats. If you need "assistance" you shouldn't be able to handle the "emergency" procedures.<br /><br />I've written SWA about it. No response-yet.

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

For domestic travel it's southwest,why pay more to the other airlines to be herded like cattle as afore mentioned. <br />In my travels, I have found the best airline with the best food, the best service, excellent comfort, most friendly and beautiful air hostesses to boot, without a doubt for me it has to be Singapore Airlines.

Ralph 123

Captain

I used to fly 2 or more times a week for about 4 years. IMHO, BA is the best in the world - nothing compares or even comes close IMHO. In first you get a a bed, personal video, work space, great food, outstanding service. They have no equal.<br /><br />Singapore Air, despite all it's accolades, stinks IMHO Vlad - among the worst service and worst food I ever had and I flew in what they called first class. My last flight with them they lost my bags for 6 days. I'm a big guy. Most Singaporeans are slightly built. Finding clothes off the rack that would fit was nearly impossible. They were of zero help! <br /><br />All the domestics are the same to me. I rather have a root canal that fly coast-to-coast on any of them unless I get lucky and get an upgrade to first (first on domestics doesn't even compare to business class on BA)<br /><br />The thing I liked about Continental QC was at least they gave you a real sandwich from a recognizable chain in coach...<br /><br />Most of the domestics are pretty good at free upgrades to first for frequent business flyer's with full fare tickets. If space is available they usually try to accommodate you...

QC

Supreme Mariner

Ralph,<br /><br />The cool thing about Continental is I get up to 5 day advance upgrade on ANY price ticket domestically.<br /><br />If I was flying on an Int'l first class ticket (in a 3 class plane), I would like BA too . . . Persoanlly, I have to hope for upgrades, which the boys at Continental dole out fairly liberally to Platinums.

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

"Singapore Air, despite all it's accolades, stinks IMHO Vlad - among the worst service and worst food I ever had and I flew in what they called first class. My last flight with them they lost my bags for 6 days."<br />-------------------------------------------------------<br /><br />Gee Ralph! you musta PO'd someone pretty bad to be treated like that :eek: just kidding,<br /><br />Thats really aweful service for that to have happened to you or anyone.<br /><br />I have flown with singapore airlines twice a year now for the last three years and i have nothing but good things to say of them.<br /><br />British Airways is very good like you say, my parents like to fly them when visiting the US

Ralph 123

Captain

I have to hope for upgrades, which the boys at Continental dole out fairly liberally to Platinums
That's what really counts in the end QC. If you fly frequently it makes all the difference in the world to what I call quality of life and sustainability in the job. I don't think many people can fly frequently for any real length of time flying strictly coach on the domestics. Intra-country European flights are very much like the domestics.<br /><br />I think Sing air hit a rough patch in the late 90s when I was flying them Vlad. I think they got a little arrogant because of their great rep. I quit flying them all together towards the end.

Bob in Calif.

Senior Chief Petty Officer

My all time favorite was Pan Am to Europe... :D <br /><br />My second choice was Mexicana. I have flown them aproximately 25 times, from SFO to Puerto Vallarta, and then Alaska Airlines 7 or 8 times to PV, as Mexicana stopped the non-stop flights to PV from SFO. I have had good results witn America West both to Mexico and domestic.<br /><br />The majority of my flying has been with United, domestically and to Central America. The "parent fare" afforded to me has been great, as my daughter has been with them for 21 years. (No, it's not free.)<br /><br />The worst experience I ever had was with ATA...(America Trans Air, my one and only flight with them).....(a last minute trip to Honolulu, from SFO, it being the only carrier with seats available) A Garbage Airline, in my well traveled opinion. :mad: <br /><br />...Bob in Calif...