Ain't Gonna Take Her No More!

wannagofishin

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I take a lady friend of mine fishing with me, but I ain't gonna do it no more! We went out today and she boated five nice bass in the 1-2 pound range. She caught her first fish ever this summer at the head of the creek we've been frequenting. You would have thought she pulled up a bucket of gold coins. BTW - she's 55 and loves fishing, camping, motorcycle riding, and everything else I like to do. (No wise cracks guys!)<br /><br />I caught two barely legals and a couple of blue gills. Nope, she can't go anymore! Oh, OK, maybe just one more time.

LubeDude

Admiral
Re: Ain't Gonna Take Her No More!

Aw, ya love it and ya know it. :D You just have to make her think that you gave her all the good spots. I love to see my wife catch fish, I started guiding way before I actually got my license buy taking my wife. I just use the trolling motor most of the time and watch her. :cool:

wannagofishin

Petty Officer 2nd Class

That's why she catches all the fish! I'm sitting in the back with the trolling motor (it's a 14' jon boat) trying to fight the tide, current, and wind, while she just sits up front happily fishing away. You gave me a good idea! I'll charge her a guide fee. Oh wait, she pays for the gas and food.

cwilt

Petty Officer 1st Class

just a little info, <br /><br />i met this lady at a moon lighting job, and on our first date we went fishin. some golf coarse we had to jump the fence! well turned out she could catch and knew how to throw a bait caster one year later.......i married her.

one more cast

Captain

ME: You wanna go fish'in?<br /> Girlfriend: Ok but every time I've ever been with my ex I never caught anything.<br /> Girlfriend: Why are we so close to shore,why are we casting where there are snags,How come you hook the worm like that.<br /> .....Some months later......<br /> Me: wanna go fish'in?<br /> Wife: I want to go to my fishing hole,Do you think I can win first place this year instead of second?<br /> Me: Ready to go home?<br /> Wife: we still have some bait left.

NBE

Petty Officer 1st Class

If she's paying for the gas and food, then I would definitely keep taking her. Just get a bow mounted trolling motor. That gives you the excuse/reason to sit in the front of the boat where you can cast to the better fish hideouts before anyone else in your boat can. :D :D

wannagofishin

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I have a new Skeeter (well, new to me) and it has a bow mounted trolling motor. So even though I still have to fight the current, tide, and wind, it is a lot easier, and like you say, I got first shot. I still leave spots for her and show her where they are. We've only had one and a half days out since I got the boat, and that was mostly to get used to it. Great boat! Can't wait for some better weather. God said, "Dan got a new boat. Let there be colder than normal weather! Oh yeah, let it snow!"<br /><br />Dan

NBE

Petty Officer 1st Class

Well, I always say that there is nothing better than having a woman who likes to do the things you do, such as fishing and hunting, etc. About the only thing better is taking your kids fishing and spending the time with them.

brownies

Chief Petty Officer

I asked my wife if she wanted to go fishing with me. Twice this weekend.(sat and sun).<br /> She said "helllll NO!!"<br /> Then again, that answer was nice compared to everybody elses answer that I asked.<br /> I even try to tell them that it's not ALL THAT BAD. It's been warming up to 35 or so during the day.<br /> What's wrong with these people???

wannagofishin

Petty Officer 2nd Class

It's supposed to get up to 50 Christmas Eve. Dinner at 4. Sure, I can be back by then. :)

flagler_beach

Seaman Apprentice

Hey Wannago! Fished Williams pond for many a year. Heard they built a motel there. Any public fishing still available?

cart7

Petty Officer 2nd Class

My wife has waxed my butt on numerous occasions. She seems to take particular joy in becoming VERY vocal when she hooks a fish and brings it to the boat. She thinks it pisses me off. If she only knew the truth.

wannagofishin

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Flagler,<br /><br />I don't know Williams Pond, but I know I've seen it around here. I fish Broad Creek and the Nanticoke, and have fished many of the ponds here from the bank. (That's why I finally got a boat. Couldn't catch much from the bank)<br /><br />BTW I used to live down your way back in the 70's. I lived in Indiatlantic and Melbourne for a while and over on the HOT coast - Crystal River, Inverness, and Lake Pannasoffkee.<br /><br />Dan

flagler_beach

Seaman Apprentice

Wanna,<br /> Rt.13 crosses Williams pond in Seaford. Pulled many a nice bass and crappie out of there. The pond was formed many years ago by damming a leg of the Nanticoke. Lived in Wilmington all my life before retiring and moving down here. Never fished the Nanticoke but did cross it on that little 3 car ferry.