aftermarket trim/tilt motor and pump?

sundog

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Ive got a 1978 inline 6 1150. the engine seems to be running fine. Last year I had to rebuild part of the harness, but still its well worth keeping for me. End of last year, the pump on the tilt moter blew an o-ring. In the process of fixing that, I stripped a screw holding the plates on the pump. Now it keeps blowing the o-ring, and Ive got a feeling its partly due to the plate not seating evenly. <br /><br />its the origninal old tilt (not sure if its trim as well...only seems to have one speed) motor and pump. Is there an after market T/T or tilt pump/ motor that could replace this one, or do I have to look for this exact motor/pump if I want to replace it? Im nervous about tapping it...Ive dumped enough oil in the bilges as is.<br /><br />thanks!

sundog

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: aftermarket trim/tilt motor and pump?

thanks, rick...that did help. Im going to try to tap it, then if it lets go Ill order the motor/reseviour and put my old vavle body back onto it. Itll work.<br /><br />thanks again.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
Re: aftermarket trim/tilt motor and pump?

I'd be inclined to repair the unit. Removal and taking to a machine shop for a repair would surely be better and cheaper than taking a chance on something else.<br /><br />The shop could tap it deeper and use a longer screw, or install a SS helicoil and probably wouldn't cost you $40 max.<br /><br />Mark