Advice (pics included)

sincraft

Seaman
Need advice on trailering. We've never had any major problems but the boat sat for 5 years and now all of the rollers are SOLID as a ROCK! <br />My boat has white 2inch diameter rollers instead of carpeted bunks on the sides and then of course the hull V middle big rubber ones in the center...<br /><br />my concern is that the trailer arms (rollers) dont seem to fit the boat on it. Included is a picture showing this, but not so well. SO I have identified it with figured A & B.<br />Figure A: Shows the one set of rollers barely touching the side of the boat. Either one of two things can happen . It just doesnt look safe at all!<br /><br />Figure B: shows the angle of the rollers is perfect to fit flush with the boat but the boat is still hanging too far over. <br /><br />It looks like I need to extend the arms out but htere is no adjust for this...only pivot and up and down. I dont want to 'extend' this out artificially with a baxillion washers and thicker bolts because I fear the integrity of strength has to do with it being on a welded system.<br /><br />What is the LEAST expensive way to extend these out.<br /><br />ALso - how does one remove the old rollers with the boat on? I have an idea on how to do it (a piece of ply with 2x6's and a jack pushing the boat up evenly up off of one set of rollers while replacing them) However, with my current issue I dont know this is going to be the best course of action..<br /><br />Also - there are cup nuts over each side of the rollers, how do you remove and readd these things? Really strong arms and pliers or?<br /><br />OK - next picture - is this trailer even safe? We 'hillbilly tested' it today (road test) and it drove 15 miles on highway and bumpy roads just fine. We went very slow :) We looked at everything and it SEEMED ok - but seeing as how this trailer is rather old, and I KNOW for a fact hasn't had any maintenance done on it for at least 10 years under there...advice? <br /><br /> Rear of boat.. <br /><br /> Under the trailer..

Dunaruna

Admiral
Re: Advice (pics included)

Can you give us a picture so that we can see all the rollers? I'd like to see how many there is and if they are in line, also how many keel rollers are there? The 'U' bolt picture is too bright, can't make out any detail.<br /><br />Aldo

sincraft

Seaman

I think there is 5 rollers per arm - Too bright? I will take some more :) <br /><br />S

Dunaruna

Admiral

The sunlight is behind the 'U' bolt making it difficult to see.