Adoption questions

Kenneth Brown

Captain
Time to be serious here I guess. My wife and I have two great little girls. I would really like to have a son also. I know I could try again for a boy but I need to be sure this time around. Because of an injury when I was a kid it takes a little bit of trying on my part to make it all happen, and it is also the reason there is an extremely high probability of another girl. I don't mind the trying part, but I don't really want another girl either. I know it costs quite a bit to go through the adoption process. I don't have quite a bit either. I would like to have a blond haired blue eye just like myself and both of my daughters. I realize that that probably won't happen though. Anybody ever adopted before? What did you have to go through to make it happen? How much money involved? <br /><br />I feel the need to point out again that I love my girls to death but still want a son. It just desn't feel right trying to teach a daughter how to pee of a bridge or put out a fire the natural way.

PW2

Commander
Re: Adoption questions

As the father of two wonderful girls, I was always happy with them and never felt the need for a son...<br />But I would check with a fertility clinic and doc and see what options are available and at what cost. I don't know how well they can control that, but it may be an option.<br /><br />But adopting a blue eyed blond haired male infant---it's kind of like a yacht. If you have to ask what it will cost, you can't afford it.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

Not to mention writing his name in the snow. Too bad you're too far south. ;) <br /><br />My eldest two siblings were adopted. They're no less my brother and sister than my one blood brother. My mother had plumbing problems that they fixed.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Its been over 20 years since I adopted my daughter. Back then I paid an attorney to do all the paper work. If I recall right it was $800 back then. So in todays figures it would be double that. Best place to start is to call an agency that handles adoptions and ask them. <br /><br />Wish I could help you some more, but procedures and laws continually change on this matter.<br /><br />Good luck and bless you KB :)

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

It takes a very very long time the conventional way. I really dont know the specifics.<br /><br />A guy at work knows the whole process (his wife is a social worker) and what they did is become a foster parent. You will have kids come and go. When you get a kid you like and the biological parents dont want him, you can pretty easily adopt him.<br /><br />Good luck!<br /><br />P.s. My son is actually my stepson. He isnt even the same race as me. I treat him as my own and I dont ever think of him as my stepson. He doesnt even know, but I think he has some idea. I legally adopted him in Thailand, it didnt cost a dime, but it took quite a while.<br /><br />Ken

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

Kb, A good friend of mine did a private adoption in the Houston area. Cost them about 3,000, she tells me agency cost's about 10-20,000 weather it is international or local and she is in the know having had several friends do it agency both ways.<br /><br />Mine cost a little over $1000 but that was to legaly adopt my wifes son when I met her. She was friend with the father he had already signed over parental rights.<br /><br />To do a private adoption perhaps you could network with some nurses in the maturnity ward. My friend happen's to work maturnity when a mother gave birth to a child she did not want, it still took two years to complete.<br /><br />I am in no way wanting to offend you but I am going to say it anyways. Blue eyes have no bearing on how well or far they can pee off the boat or how eager they to learn to shoot a BB gun as well as dad. I can understand some of your considerations but the fact is it does not play a role except to on rare occasion show someones ignorance. I attest to that, my friend can attest to that And I am certian ken would also.

demsvmejm

Master Chief Petty Officer

All three of my children were blue-eyed, blonde haired babies. My oldest son is now a bleach blonde (Yellow is more like it), and my daughter is a beautiful long-haired brunette. My youngest, a son, is dirty blonde. My point is that the hair color at birth and through infancy is no indication of their hair later on. Kudos to you for considering adoption. But if you place too many restrictions or conditions on what child you will accept, then you are doing nothing but baby shopping, and then IMHO shame on you. My father and uncle were adopted. My grandparents only conditions were that the babies had to be healthy. Too many abortions are performed when loving homes could provide life and substance to these unwanted children.<br />Good luck on your quest to adopt. I hope that your desires for blue-eyed blondes are just that, desires and not mandates. If you are right for adoption, you'll love him no matter if his eyes were purple.

Kenneth Brown

Captain

I'd actually like a purple eyed kiddo. The BE/BH thing is just a desire, definetely not a condition. The kid could be black haired with black eyes (he does have to have white skin though) for al I really care. As far as fertility docs go thats kinda ought of the question. A freak bicycle accident when I was 13 left me half the man I was, litterlly(sp?). I still have the equipment just one of them doesn't work. I could do the IA but insurance wont pay for any of it. On top of that another birth on my wife would be too much. My first daughter broke my wifes hip during delivery. The second child had my wife bedridden for the last 4 months. Childbearthing hasn't been too kind to us. All that said I have 2 great daughters. Another reason for wanting a son is my grandfather (namesake) was an only son. My dad was an only son. I have a brother so there are two of us. We both have daughters. This is the end of the line for our name. Its important for me not to lose that. Thanks for all of the help.

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

Not in my phone book kenneth....I got a brown 4 doors down :D

Kenneth Brown

Captain

Come on nu, ya know what I mean. Brown is the 6th most comman name in the world.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

I can certainly attest to that. The boy loves hunting and baseball, and does great at both. Got his first kill a few months ago, a feral hog. Loves fishing just as much. Hopefully he will learn to love fixin on cars like his old man. I cant imagine my life without him.<br /><br />Kenneth, I dont blame you or think you are wrong for wanting a son that looks like you. Everyone knows immediately that my son isnt mine, and those kinda things I think should be private. I have had people ask, and I always wonder why.<br /><br />Ken

NathanY

Commander

KB, you can adopt me :D I have blonde hair a blue eyes. I enjoy huntig and fishing and working on stuff. Best of all, I'm old enough to buy you a beer! :D <br /><br />Seriously I commend you for wanting to adopt, there are thousands of children out there that dont have families. Good for you! When I get to be your age, I hope that I'm in a position to be able to do it.

jsfinn

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Hey Ken - if you go for it, good for you.

Kenneth Brown

Captain

My dearest son Nate: Seeing as you are only 4 years younger than me I will not be getting you anything for christmas or your birthday.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Kudos to you and and the Mrs., Kenneth..... :) <br /><br />I wish more folks would consider adoption..