Administration help

wilieha

Seaman Apprentice
I apologize for this being on a open forum. I need some help. One I have and use 2 computers. Until recently I have not had any problems but in the last week I received a message that I cannot login from one of them. Is there a fix for this? Actually the message was about not being able to sign in because username or password not recognized from my home computer.
Thanks in advance;
Wilieha aka. Bill

Fishing Dude too

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Administration help

Bill I am not an admin but did you log out on the other computer before tring to sign in with other? Have had this happen when I didn't sign out of desktop to a websight, then try and sign in with my laptop later. Just sayin.

tpenfield

Staff member

I apologize for this being on a open forum. I need some help. One I have and use 2 computers. Until recently I have not had any problems but in the last week I received a message that I cannot login from one of them. Is there a fix for this? Actually the message was about not being able to sign in because username or password not recognized from my home computer.
Thanks in advance;
Wilieha aka. Bill

Bill what are we logging into? the computer itself, or a web site?

This web site? If so you probably did something that disabled your cookies. Most people like cookies, chocolate chip are my favorite. Web sites with logins like cookies too. So, check your browser settings (Tools, Internet Options, Privacy Settings)

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

You can be on two computers at the same time, I do it all the time with no problems.
Are you sure you typed your username and password correctly?

cribber

Lieutenant

Also you may need to clear out your temp files. In MS Internet Explorer select Tools at the top, then Internet options and you'll get another pop up window. Select the Delete Button, and then Select Delete again in the next pop up window. Or as Don said above ensure you are entering the correct login and password.

I currently access Iboats from a laptop, desktop, and tablet with no issues. Yes I'm a major geek!!! :D:D:D

Cofe

Lieutenant Commander

Just a couple of other things to check.....Is your caps lock on? Many user names/passwords are case sensitive.
Also check the time and date on the computer. Internet access in many cases requires the date and time to be correct. The bios battery maintains the correct time and date when the power is off....so a new bios battery may be needed.

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

I, like Cofe, would suspect the BIOS date/time. We use a program called to reset the student computers back to what we want, and the kids have figured out that they can change the year to 2079 and it prevents logging in until we reset the BIOS. Basically, if your Operating System thinks it is 2011 and your BIOS says it is 1995 it won't let you in.

AK Chappy

wilieha

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks all; I just got the reply from administration and changed my password as directed. I still do not know what the problem was but it seems corrected now.
wilieha aka. Bill