Admin5

rlouns

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Is it possible to allow pictures (*.jpg format only or one of the picture formats) to be posted here. I think that that could help a lot when explaining things?? ;)

Admin5

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Admin5

Thanks for contacting us Robert. I bet others have the same question. We already allow the posting of images here. Here's how you do it:<br />1. Go in to post a topic or a reply<br />2. When you get to the place where you want to put your picture click on the IMAGE button under the instant UBB Code title on the page. You will then be asked to enter in the url of where the image is located (if you do not have your own site then you run into a problem here. Most ISP's offer free web site hosting so check with the ISP you are using to get your own site to post pictures to).<br />3. Your picture should now show up.<br />4. When posting pictures please keep the file sizes as small as possible because not everybody has a fast connection. Trust us, we know that just the iboats pages take too long to come up (which we are currently working on).<br /><br />Good luck and happy boating.<br />Admin5<br />Here is an example of a pic in a post. God Bless America.<br />
flag_med.gif

Yepblaze

Lieutenant Commander

But.....<br /><br />Many sites allow the images to only be viewed from within a page at that particular site (so the ads go along with it) and will not show the image when included in the (img) tag of a post.<br /><br />I've noticed that http://www.homestead.com images seem to work on the web outside of the user webspace. I'm not sure if there is a charge or if free to open a webfolder.
BigSalmonSept10_2001.JPG

rlouns

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks to everyone - but it sounds to technical to me. :eek: :eek: ;)