adjusting shift cable length at controls????

brogden31

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have a new e tec 115hp with single binnacle control my problem is i use about 70 percent of throttle cam from idle to full throttle, i know on older controls you just moved throttle cable to a different cam hole in the controls, but mine doesnt have that, it does have two nuts on top of controls with a set screw.. Is this where these adjust and do i adjust both are just the one closest to throttle???

DargelJohn

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: adjusting shift cable length at controls????

I have a new e tec 115hp with single binnacle control my problem is i use about 70 percent of throttle cam from idle to full throttle, i know on older controls you just moved throttle cable to a different cam hole in the controls, but mine doesnt have that, it does have two nuts on top of controls with a set screw.. Is this where these adjust and do i adjust both are just the one closest to throttle???

Not sure if I fully understand the problem, you are only getting 70% of full throttle? Is there interference with moving the throttle lever all the way (ie. lever is hitting the console)? If so, the lever is connected to the splined shaft, via a bolt. You can take the lever off and reposition.

brogden31

Petty Officer 2nd Class

you get the point you just dont have the answer , on older controls you can move the tip of the throttle cable to a different spot to give you more movent in your cable on the new controls boxes they dont have this so im guessing its these set screws and they will allow the lever to move farther foward but i want to make sure and no its not my hand hitting the console stopping the movement of the controls hahahahahaha......

brogden31

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I figured it out , one of the set screws are for rev. throttle stop and the outher is for forward throttle stop. On the forward you loosen the set screw to give you more movement