"Adjust To Life"

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I want to tell you a story and then a little wisdom at the end.<br /><br />A man and his girlfriend were married. It was a large<br />celebration. All of their friends and family came to see<br />the lovely ceremony and to partake of the festivities and<br />celebrations. A wonderful time was had by all.<br /> <br />The bride was gorgeous in her white wedding gown and<br />the groom was very dashing in his black tuxedo. Everyone<br />could tell that the love they had for each other was true.<br /> <br /> A few months later, the wife comes to the husband with a<br />proposal. "I read in a magazine, a while ago, about how<br />we can strengthen our marriage," she offered. "Each of us<br />will write a list of the things that we find a bit annoying with<br />the other person. Then, we can talk about how we can fix<br />them together and make our lives happier together."<br /> <br />The husband agreed. So each of them went to a separate<br />room in the house and thought of the things that annoyed<br />them about the other. They thought about this question for<br />the rest of the day and wrote down what they came up with.<br /> <br /> The next morning, at the breakfast table, they decided that<br />they would go over their lists.<br /> <br />"I'll start," offered the wife.<br /> <br />She took out her list. It had many items on it. Enough to fill<br />three pages, in fact. As she started reading the list of the little<br />annoyances, she noticed that tears were starting to appear in<br />her husbands eyes.<br /> <br />"What's wrong?" she asked.<br /> <br />"Nothing," the husband replied, "keep reading your list."<br /> <br />The wife continued to read until she had read all three pages<br />to her husband. She neatly placed her list on the table and<br />folded her hands over it.<br /> <br />"Now, you read your list, and then we'll talk about the things<br />on both of our lists," she said happily.<br /> <br />Quietly the husband stated, "I don't have anything on my list.<br />I think that you are perfect the way that you are. I don't want you<br />to change anything for me. You are lovely and wonderful and I<br />wouldn't want to try and change anything about you."<br /> <br />The wife, touched by his honesty and the depth of his love for<br />her and his acceptance of her, turned her head and wept.<br />______________________________________________<br />Now you have read the story of my wife and I and we came to this conclusion.<br /><br />IN LIFE, there are enough times when we are disappointed,<br />depressed and annoyed. We don't really have to go looking<br />for them. We have a wonderful world that is full of beauty,<br />light and promise.<br /> <br />Why waste time in this world looking for the bad, disappointing<br />or annoying when we can look around us and see the wondrous<br />things before us?<br /> <br />I believe that WE ARE HAPPIEST WHEN we see and praise<br />the good and try our best to forget the bad. Nobody's perfect<br />but we can find the perfectness in them and change the way<br />we see them.<br /><br />Have a good day. :)

BrianFD

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: "Adjust To Life"

What a great message! Thanks, SBN!<br />
15_10_5.gif

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Waaaaay cool, SBN. :)

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Now that is a great message. Thanks SBN.

Link

Rear Admiral

Very good Spinner:) :) now it has a proper smily face

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Now those are thoughts that we all can learn from. Thanks Les..... :)