Adding hydralic fluid

Ray W W iii

Cadet
So i learned a long time ago the only stupid question is the one i didn't ask. How the heck do you get the hydralic fluid for the trim and motot tilt in a 1981 Bayliner monterey sunbridge 2350? The tank is up high in the engine compartment i don't see a fill cap in the tank. This forum has helped me on everything else and hopefully can help again.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Adding hydralic fluid

In this forum, we could care less what boat you have, it's all about what engine and drive you have.
You could have a Mercruiser, OMC, or Volvo, but you have to tell us. We also need to know what engine, and drive by model or serial number if you want any useful help.

Don S

A 270 outdrive does not have trim.

Only an electric motor controlled by relays to operate a worm screw for tilting the drive up for trailering.

Ray W W iii

Cadet

Sorry i did not know that, then is it only for the trim plates (stabilizers) or is that the wrong wording:confused:

Don S

Are you talking about things like this?

RaYC2ekik4PaWGiEH_rZNyX12ENbrrzanogM1Tq6WMxQkodefY6Tci_ra7_40vkRNQRIgSXFJGPXCMOwMk4_5j1mYlnLpFeWdgUySC__xuVuzXxfD-bH6B_9HHuFGGFJB60VX8baZ1VZ67JMIZZB5DJR5TtOH5jDQv8DQz9_VcfdDQ

Don S

ATF assuming they are Bennett or Boat leveler.

Those are not part of the outdrive or engine, so moving this over to the Boat Topics forum for non engine question.

Ray W W iii

Cadet

I still do not know how to add the atf to the reservoir, i went into the wrong forum and was directed here by the oracle, i looked again at this reservoir and for the life of me can't even figure out where the fill cap,screw or bolt is. Has anyone ever had this problem?

dingbat

Supreme Mariner

If they are Bennett tabs, remove the clear plastic cover on the top of the hydralic unit. The fill stack will be on the left hand side

Ray W W iii

Cadet

okay went down this past weekend to check out this hydralic unit it is a bennett but on top of the reservoir it has a black cover that just snaps on top i removed that to find a few wires and another black cap and looks like a sending or solonoid unit but still know way to fill the reservoir. I did not even see any screws in it. It sits way up close to the top of the transom in the engine bay so looking down from the top isn't an option. I'm pretty good at turning wrenches but this has me stumped. Any other ideas or suggestions? I am all ears!!!!!:confused:

Ray W W iii

Cadet

Ok Thanks bruceb58 i'm going down to the marina after work to see if i can find #4. I will let you know how it turns ou. And Thanks once again.