adding a toon

Recruit
I am adding a third toon to my 2006 20' crestliner. as it set way low in the rear. 90 horse merc 4 stroke toons almost completely submurged. I have found a transom center tube that is 2" larger than my 23" logs. It however is 12" longer than my other logs at 19' my thinking is that I should set it even in front with the other logs and the transom 12" longer in back to get the motor in cleaner water .Center transom is way stronger than factory motor pod>I alsu plan on 4'x8' sheet of alumum sheet 1/8 to act as skinning and to transfer thrust more evenly to boat. am I on the right track ?

ahicks

Captain
If I understand you, the new/center log is a foot longer (when measured front to back of transom??). That being the case, my thought would be to mount the front of all 3 tubes evenly, or maybe have the center toon just slightly to the rear.

Recruit
If I understand you, the new/center log is a foot longer (when measured front to back of transom??). That being the case, my thought would be to mount the front of all 3 tubes evenly, or maybe have the center toon just slightly to the rear.
that is my thought. thank you for your input

Recruit
that is my thought. thank you for your input
Finished the toon install went with the even in front due to placement of the toon support. The low down, added 5mph speed.added 8" height to rear ( was almost to deck at low speed)now rides at half tube height. Stability way better. Turns much sharper not quite like a v hull but very nice. Have not loaded more than 5 people but I believe load capacity will be better. Best improvement made on boat