adding a safety cut off

shelikesit

Petty Officer 2nd Class
is installing a lanyard safety switch difficult to do? the kit wuld obviously have wiring instructions wouldn't it?

im sure i would have to drill a hole in the dash correct, or is there another way?

I need something like this added to the boat. If I'm cinfusing anyone, I'd like a wristband that if I moved too far from the dash, the motor dies.

any suggestions

bjcsc

Lieutenant Commander
Re: adding a safety cut off

Very easy install...

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

They are easy to install. Nothing but a switch that when the lanyard is pulled the switch opens and stops power from the ignition switch to the engine. (Purple wire)
No spark, engine dies.

PS: DO NOT get one for an outboard, it won't work on an IO.

shelikesit

Petty Officer 2nd Class

OK, I don't understand everything ya'll do, but if iboats.com had an affiliate program, Don S. would make some extra flow $.

Here's why. I use internet affiliate programs besides personally funding and running a missing persons website. SomeoneIsMissing.com

I do this and have bought 2 boats in the last year by internet affilate programs. Some use them as suplimental income.

I use them for income, and to buy boats and run my main site.

Thanks, I'm going to buy this right now. It's needed. You go out it's calm, you come back, it can turn to hell. and high water.

I fish Ponce Inlet Florida, if you never heard about it, it look sgreat via google maps and satellite. Like I said in another post, within a mile of the landing, very nice fishing.

Thanks, I have a switch to buy from your site.
Dana

shelikesit

Petty Officer 2nd Class

darnit, gas reciepts caught up to my debit card, will have to wait a day or so.

when ya'll pass store links like that, they're framed in. when i went to checkout it kicked in my mind to check for the security lock on the bottom right, i move way to fast most times.

you shouldn't check out with that frame page in place, you lose the security of the secured server the cart is on. most people may not know it..............

thanks, will have to order in a day or so but will get it quickly.

thanks

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

In that black bar at the top of the screen, right in the middle is a link. it says. "Remove This Frame" give it a try. No more frame.
It's just another wierd thing this new software does to make us constantly click several things instead of just one.

shelikesit

Petty Officer 2nd Class

yes i caught it, hopefully most do...i never usually remove it when you send something, no real reason to, using my card made me think twice and get it out of the frame.

thanks