Academy Awards

Fly Rod

Commander
:) About the worst host that I've heard is Cris Rock!!!! All he did was yell or scream into the mike!!!<br /><br />I'm sure they could have found someone much better!!!! ;) :cool:

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Academy Awards

Yup. A new low in hosting.

Twidget

Commander

Last night was supposed to be the highest rating the oscars have received in 5 years. I didnt watch, but I havent heard anything positive about it yet. :confused:

D

DJ

Last night was supposed to be the highest rating the oscars have received in 5 years
Doesn't matter. A real self portrait of our society. Idol worship, etc.<br /><br />Sickening.

carrotsnapper

Petty Officer 1st Class

I heard the news the it was the lowest rating of the Oscars in years. Haven't watched in years. Hollywood left giving themselves another award. Who bloody cares? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

crab bait

Captain

jude law..?? who da heck is jude law..?? <br />if'n he's not starring in every movie.. he's in there somewhere .. in the back making cupcakes or something..!!<br /><br />say we at the gap went to war with banana republic cause we heard they have toxic tank tops.. but after we invaded an took prisoners.. we found out dat dey didn't even ever have no tank tops..

Stratosfied

Ensign

The only thing that I'm glad of is that maybe, finally, Joan & Mellisa Rivers will be off the tube for a while. Goodness, what credibility do they have to comment on what the people wear??? :confused: :confused:

NYMINUTE

Captain

Award shows need to go. Can not understand the fasination with glorifing the celebrities. I think they are all well paid for their labors, and the shows frankly suck.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Flipping the channels I caught part of Jammie Foxx's speech - I liked him in Any Given Sunday; even more in Ray. He says, "Grandmama was my first acting coach...she say 'boy, act like you got some sense!' or 'act like you know something!'"

eeboater

Commander

A bunch of egotistical maniacs patting each other on the backs. Looking down on us red-staters.<br /><br />Not something I'm interested in.<br /><br />Sean

gaugeguy

Captain

Not a big fan of the Oscars (or any other award show), but it was nice to hear that Clint Eastwood won another one, because he is one of the good guys.