AAAHHHHH!!!!!! BIG RANT!!!!!!

11 footer

Lieutenant
this morning I get a phone call from the fire dept. from Somerville.<br /><br />He asks for my dad, he was at work. I told him I could take a message. He tells me that one of the smoke dectors went off in the 3ed floor back halls in our 6 family building. They went down to reset it and it was broken. They had to shut the system down in the whole building. I thanked him and said that we'll replace it tomorrow afternoon.<br /><br />He calls again a little while ago, he says the the chef ,. his boss wants it fixed right away, because if its doesn't get fixed they'll need to pay a guy $32 an hour to stay their because the systems turned off, which we'll (my dad) will have to pay for........I call my dad and tell him this.<br /><br />My dad already called an electrician, but its sunday and he can't get down their. Now they call back again. I told him to tell his boss that a lot of battery operated debtors in the building, which is true. He told me he is on our side and he'll talk to his boss again, but he thinks his boss is going to send a guy to the building @32bucks an hour until its fixed :mad: :mad: :mad: I'm waiting for a call back.<br /><br />If he sends someone out their my dad and I will go to home depot, but a bunch of battery debtors and put them up ourselves!!!!!!!<br /><br />Man this sucks!!!!!!!! :mad: <br /><br />anyone want to be a landlord?

Whaler Proud

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: AAAHHHHH!!!!!! BIG RANT!!!!!!

I feel for you Ryan. I build stores for a national retailer and deal with code officials everyday. I once had to pay for a 24/7 fire watch because the city did not follow up on paperwork they had to submit.<br /><br />Code officials, architects, etc. are bound by the law to require immediate repair of any device or situation that could lead to injury or death of a person. While the odds of something happening are small, the liability for allowing something to continue is huge.<br /><br />Hang in there.

dogsdad

Lieutenant

The sad part of it all is that the justification for such stuff is public safety. But it's really about revenue generation and special interests who grease the palms of certain politicians.<br /><br />Sad how certain individuals can take a pretty darned good system and corrupt it for their own gain.

Drowned Rat

Captain

You should get at least 2 or 3 firefighters for $32 an hour. What a bargain!

11 footer

Lieutenant

We caught a break,<br /><br />The electrician called us back, he made an "emergancy trip" down their and got the system back up and working again, that will cost us, but I will be cheaper then payed the firefighters $32 an hour untill midday tomorow.<br /><br />prolbem resolved and over :)

SoulWinner

Commander

Ryan,<br /><br />When are we gonna hear something Good about this building? Do we need to pray over it? Lay hands on it? Be bleesed Bro ;)

JoeW

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Ryan,<br />Have you seen the movie Pacific Heights ;)

18rabbit

Captain

Joe – Pacific Heights,the movie, is not possible in Pacific Heights, the San Francisco district…where Sharon Stone lives. :) But it was an entertaining movie. :) <br /><br />California law specifies unlawful detainers (renters that won’t pay or leave) must be placed on a fast-track court hearing in no more than 20 days after attaching notice to the renter’s door.

11 footer

Lieutenant

SoulWinner ,<br /><br />Something about this building is cursed or something. We own other ones as well, but no other building or rental property has given us the trouble that this one has, from bad tennets to breaks in,to daycare centers being run in the units with lead paint, having DSS take all the babys away, the list go's on and on and on.....maybe someday we'll get luckey and it will fall down :p :D