A view from Mississippi

Twidget

Commander
With New Orleans getting all the attention, what about Mississippi. This is an interesting story.<br /><br />Richard Gibbs was disgusted by reports of looting in New Orleans and upset at the lack of attention hurricane victims in his state were getting.<br /><br />“I say burn the bridges and let ’em all rot there,” he said. “We’re suffering over here too, but we’re not killing each other. We’ve got to help each other. We need gas and food and water and medical supplies.”<br /><br />I think that pretty much says it all.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: A view from Mississippi

I saw that quote in another article. Its a classic.<br /><br />And what of the rural La, Ms, Al, damage?<br />And the tornado and wind damage, and the flooding in other areas that the storm passed over?<br /><br />The good news is that the damage north of I-10 in Gulfport appears to be wind and rain damage, not flooding.<br /><br />Hopefully RP and 175 managed to survive.

ehenry

Commander

THe Ms gulf coast is totally devestated. As far north as Jackson and beyond there folks still without power. Its gonna be tough for a while.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

I talked with a friend in Grandbay AL that made the trip as far as pascagoula and moss point. most everything east of hwy 90 is devestated. so far he cannot get much further.<br /> my sister in Meridian MS is getting reports of total devestation on the coast of MS, LA.